Pre NGD MIJ Tele

What's Hot
euaneuan Frets: 1489
Pre new guitar day because although it arrive today, and I have played it, it went swiftly back in its case until January...

My ever amazing wife has bought for my, upcoming in just nine months, fortieth birthday a 1985 MIJ 62 Telecaster Custom. I've been after a CAR 62 Custom for ages and while some do appear they are often at ridiculous prices because they are rare. For a 1985 to appear was just too good to pass. The right era of Fender Japan and the right colour.

Its slightly beat up, but so am I, whoever played it wore a load of rings on their right hand. But it has been played and my suspicion that it signified a good one has come true after ten minutes of play. More so its made me content to wait until next year to properly get at it.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    Play it noooooooooow you puddin'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Hopefully in the next nine months it’ll acclimatise properly and revert to a righty model ;)

HNGD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Hopefully in the next nine months it’ll acclimatise properly and revert to a righty model ;)

HNGD
    It’s Japanese they’re all like that.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Why is it inside out?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Nice. I have a MIJ Tele and it's very nice indeed. I hope you have many happy hours playing it.

9 months though.... Wow that's harsh.
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 851
    Life is too short. Get playing it now. Then celebrate it’s 9 month-versary in Jan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
    Lovely, I bought a MIJ '62 Tele recently and absolutely love it.
    Enjoy
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    edited March 14
    Here is its sibling , a ‘91 Fender Japan ‘62 Tele.
    They are fantastic… mine does not have a serial number , it only says Made in Japan at the neck heel, but the date is on the end of the neck… do Japan use USA month/day or Euro day/month

I added Glendale compensated brass saddles , a reverse plate with a 4-way and a NoCaster bridge pu, the stock neck pu is terrific .
    enjoy your Lefty Tele !!!!
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1411
    HPNGD! Though not playing that beauty for months would pain me. It's quite lovely.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • euaneuan Frets: 1489
    Mike58 said:
    Here is its sibling , a ‘91 Fender Japan ‘62 Tele.
    They are fantastic… mine does not have a serial number , it only says Made in Japan at the neck heel, but the date is on the end of the neck… do Japan use USA month/day or Euro day/month

I added Glendale compensated brass saddles , a reverse plate with a 4-way and a NoCaster bridge pu, the stock neck pu is terrific .
    enjoy your Lefty Tele !!!!
    International standard date as far as I’m aware. The MIJ Fender’s before the CIJ change had the serial numbers on the bridge plate. This one definitely has it. 

I’m likely to change the saddles, at least to non threaded ones. No opinions on pickup changes yet because I’ve not plugged it in. Gonna try a few in my partcaster and see what I like. 
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    edited March 14
    Can def recommend the Glendales, the barrels look proper, no horrid ridges and they age well, crucially the height screws are short enough not to mess with string spacing, I liked the 60s saddles but could not find an intoatable set and I am totally OCD with string spacing. The neck pu is a keeper , I only changed the bridge as I wanted a NoCaster thick tone.
    so ages ago I’d heard of the ser no being on the bridge but after I saw the date on the neck I lost interest . But here it is: A06614

Thanks for reminding me of that !!! Enjoy your Candy Apple Tele !!!