SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED Gibson ES-125

edpirieedpirie Frets: 9
edited March 15 in Guitars £
I'm hunting for a full body 50's 125 - it doesn't need to be showroom condition, what matters to me is playability, structural integrity (i.e. no knackered bracing) and original P90. And ideally not too far from London or S.E. so I can trial and collect rather than faff with couriers. Let me know if you have anything along these lines that you are thinking of moving on.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5030
    I don't know if E. Sussex is too far out of your way - it's 200 miles from me, but I visit this place a lot!

I'm a big fan of ES-125's - I've seen this one (it looks great) but not played it. I can thoroughly recommend James at TGS - no affiliation, apart from that I've bought a few from him and sold a few to him, and I get on very well with him.

He builds his own range of guitars as well, runs guitar building courses, and definitely knows his stuff.  Worth  a visit, I'd say.
    Call me Dave.
  • edpirieedpirie Frets: 9
    Ha, funny you should say that, I had a chat with James this afternoon - seems like a top chap. I’m on my way over there in the morning to check it out.
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    Amazing guitars, big fun of them (although I incline towards thinline version), still vintage sleepers imho. Good luck with the search!
    edpirie said:
    Ha, funny you should say that, I had a chat with James this afternoon - seems like a top chap. I’m on my way over there in the morning to check it out.
    Oh, that's good. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed. 
    Call me Dave.
  • williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 217
  • edpirieedpirie Frets: 9
    I’m on the train back from The Guitar Showroom with 1952 ES-125 on the luggage rack. Hands down the best guitar buying experience I’ve had. James was incredibly patient answering my questions beforehand and while I was there, he’s a stand-up chap and I had complete confidence in what I was buying. Highly recommended if he has anything you are interested in.
    Brilliant! Glad you got what you wanted - the only reason that I didn't try it when I was there a couple of weeks ago (and I was supposed to be there yesterday but work got in the way) is that a) I was on the trail of another Gibson P90 archtop b) I'd just bought a Lucille from him and c) someone else was coming to have a look at it.

I've had a few ES-125's, and yours certainly looked excellent. James is a really good chap, and he's my 'go to' for buying and selling now.
    Call me Dave.