• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    £7k!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1130
    Insane price!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Yuck.

….except from the back, the proportions actually work there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Insane price!
    Cheaper than an original.

Too expensive for me though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 127
    I see it is "out of stock" - does this mean they have actually sold one?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Odd choice to revive. Must be doctors, dentists and lawyers buying 'em.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like a cheap Hondo copy in those pics?

Not attractive to me, sorry.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Sound Affects have them at £5799 ….. still expensive I know 

Not sure if they are Ltd editions or if they are to become standard models
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    This feels like the sort of thing where one indie band will buy one with their advance and it’ll do the rounds for a little while but everyone normal will just buy a 4003 like a regular crazy-person
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    I want one.

But i don't want one at £7k. Anyone who buys one at that price is either a millionaire or mental. 
  • ALRALR Frets: 122
    I’m sure there’s someone in the UK who does a decent take on the 4005 for a reasonable price. I’d be tempted to do that if I was in the market. It’s a lovely bass but that’s just silly money.
    My music blog:
    http://alrmusicblog.blogspot.com/ (updated Feb 2023)
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Ugly and the knobs look too close together
    edited March 14
    JD50 said:
    Ugly and the knobs look too close together
    The knobs are the same distance apart as on the 330 & 360 guitar, but the pickguard is larger.

For me the main problem is that the pickups are too far apart - the bridge one especially is far too close to the bridge.

I actually like the shape, but it takes some getting used to - it looks better with the bass in the playing position, and from enough distance that you can see more than just the body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22862
    Ooh crikey.  Each to their own of course, but from the front it looks rather like a balloon animal at a kids' party.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    "Hey boss?"

"Yeah?"

"Customer demand for these is so poor that for the last 30 years we haven't even made one. But what if we did a few and offered a big discount to move them?"

"Nope. No-one wants them."

"OK."

"So make a few and charge 7 grand a pop. The suckers will snap them up!"

Tannin said:

"Customer demand for these is so poor that for the last 30 years we haven't even made one.
    No, the opposite… for years RIC - or at least John Hall - said they would never reissue them. Probably because of that, demand is strong enough that originals are worth £10K+, the only old Ricks other than the F models which are vintage Gibson/Fender-type prices.

I don’t doubt that the number of potential buyers is quite small, but I’m sure they’ll sell every one they make.

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    ICBM said:
    Tannin said:

"Customer demand for these is so poor that for the last 30 years we haven't even made one.
    No, the opposite… for years RIC - or at least John Hall - said they would never reissue them. Probably because of that, demand is strong enough that originals are worth £10K+, the only old Ricks other than the F models which are vintage Gibson/Fender-type prices.

I don’t doubt that the number of potential buyers is quite small, but I’m sure they’ll sell every one they make.
    It's the Mani bass in my eyes.  I imagine some Stones Roses fans would buy the bass.