Biodegradable Nerf "bullets"?

What's Hot
KurtisKurtis Frets: 638
edited March 14 in Off Topic
Does anyone know if you can actually buy these anywhere, and if they are any good/do they work well?

Can't decide whether it's a good idea or not. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1413
    We had a nerf birthday party for my son a few years ago, so me...bright spark thought,,,hmmm let me write K (First initial of fore name) on the front of his Nerfs so he doesn't loose them.  Well...biro remains tacky and there were a bunch of kids running around for the rest of the day with the letter K all over them!!
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 638
    It was a long shot  =)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18757
    Kurtis said:
    It was a long shot  =)
    From a grassy knoll?

Apparently they bio degrade already, according to this article https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/are-nerf-darts-biodegradable.php
    Like most things on the internet, I'd need to do a lot of research before I was convinced.

Kurtis said:
    It was a long shot  =)
    From a grassy knoll?

Apparently they bio degrade already, according to this article https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/are-nerf-darts-biodegradable.php
    Like most things on the internet, I'd need to do a lot of research before I was convinced.

That's interesting, thanks.

Ideally you want to reuse them as much as possible but outside you're almost guaranteed to loose one or two. 

If that's true they're not too bad. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    We had an epic nerf war in the garden and we’re still finding rogue bullets in gutters and bushes 3 years later! Which is mad considering how brightly coloured and obvious it feels like they should be to find. No evidence they were breaking down and biodegrading after that length of time in my experience.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    BigMonka said:
    We had an epic nerf war in the garden and we’re still finding rogue bullets in gutters and bushes 3 years later! Which is mad considering how brightly coloured and obvious it feels like they should be to find. No evidence they were breaking down and biodegrading after that length of time in my experience.
    Hmmm...and I guess animals could maybe eat them too. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    edited March 15
    They should make them from cheesy watsit material - would make a great puff on impact.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom