Anyone have a spare baseplate for a Charvel JT6 tremolo they would part with?

What's Hot
steven.markssteven.marks Frets: 18
edited March 15 in Guitar
Sadly, my JT6 baseplate has crumbled as per the pics.  If you have a spare one that you'd prepare to sell, please let me know.  It's such a shame when we lose another trem in battle!
5 Guitars seems to be the magic number...discuss 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    Thank you, Steve.

I have a complete JT-6 baseplate. I just need to check the condition of the knife edge inserts before having the cheek to ask money for it.

If you are committed to rebuilding your JT-6, I heartily recommend the Feline/FatCat sustain block upgrade.

How smoothly do your fine tuners work? The string block screws need to be dead straight, otherwise, the finer tuners snag and undo the block locks. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Hey @Funkfingers , the finer tuners are great and I even have 4 spare block screws.  The trem was great to be honest.  If I can get it back together then I'll have a look at your recommendation re the sustain block upgrade!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited March 15 tFB Trader
    I do ... and some oversize steel sustain blocks too

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 15
    If I can get it back together then I'll have a look at your recommendation re the sustain block upgrade!
    Needless to say, the sustain block needs to be fitted to the replacement baseplate before the saddles go on.

Jon and I now have to arm wrestle to decide who gets to sell you the JT-6 parts.

If you elect to purchase the FatCat sustain block, you might as well buy the whole caboodle from Feline. My only grumble against the upgrade block is that its thickness slightly reduced the down bend range on my Model 3. It improved the sound and sustain tremendously.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

How are you doing for JT-6 pivot posts and threaded inserts? 

I'm overrun with 'em since I acquired a job lot of spare parts from an ex-JHS employee.
  • Well this has gone better than I'd expected! =)  I do like the idea of the block upgrade...
    tFB Trader

How are you doing for JT-6 pivot posts and threaded inserts? 

I'm overrun with 'em since I acquired a job lot of spare parts from an ex-JHS employee.
    That's good to know about the pivots and inserts

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

edited March 15 tFB Trader
    I went for the JT6 (with block and Floyd Rose push in arm upgrades) for my Jap Charvel Fusion rebuild.....channelling my full 1986 "glam metal" past

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom