Where to get a strat body?

What's Hot
I'm very slowly assembling the parts I need for my first ever build.

Where in the UK can I get a HSH or HH strat body that doesn't cost the earth?
It will need to have a proper Fender neck joint as I'll be fitting a Warmoth scale conversion neck.

I think I want a flat mount trem for downwards use only. Probably 2 posts, so a modern strat type or a Wilkinson VS100 etc.

Any ideas?

I haven't decided whether to buy a painted one or try to do it myself in the garden with a bunch of car paint cans - or just blow torch it a bit and then oil it.

ta

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    https://www.gear4music.com/Electric-Guitar/Parts_Spares/Bodies
    they seem cheap
    or
    https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/211119377179025--eastcoast-st2-deluxe-hss-roasted-maple-neck-vintage-white
    I bought one last week and its great, sounds great , plays great, for even more bargains, i'll buy the neck off you for £50  =). (honest I would if you bought one)

Although the trem post distance is a bit odd as It doesn't have an equivalent in any brand that's easily available (although it works just fine)
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    That eastcoast surely won’t have a fender strat neck pocket?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6877
    edited March 17
    What do you define as cheap?
    guitarbuild sell unfinished bodies to a wide range of specs - they’re a bit like a smaller uk based warmoth.

https://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    elstoof said:
    That eastcoast surely won’t have a fender strat neck pocket?
    im pretty sure it does, I measured it the other day, I can double check but its in work and i'm not in til tuesday, i'll whip the neck off and take some pics with my calipers ( i measure the neck width in-situ)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    and to be fair the neck is a very fine thing, the headstock is a bit marmite but theres no faulting the quality of it (not on the one I have anyway, my mate has ordered the tele shaped one so I'll check that out when It arrives)
    Just did a quick neck width measurement at the 19th and its 56mm. I'll whip the neck off when I;'ve finished my repairs and get some more figures, width, depth and length, anything else? Bolt hole distance?
    spev11 said:
    and to be fair the neck is a very fine thing, the headstock is a bit marmite but theres no faulting the quality of it
    Im sure it is but OP already has a Warmoth neck they want to fit so pretty crucial the pocket is fender spec. This fretboard is much more squared off than a strat heel 

• RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189

mrkb said:
    What do you define as cheap?
    guitarbuild sell unfinished bodies to a wide range of specs - they’re a bit like a smaller uk based warmoth.

https://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/

This. It’s worth paying the right price for defend quality - these folk will help you out with advice on fit & measurements.

I bought a Tele deluxe body & was a great fit for an All Parts neck,
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3972
    Some of these can be decent (some are definitely not…)

Booboo are the Guitarbuild rejects. I’ve had a Strat body from Guitarbuild and it was very good but I don’t think they do 2 point trem bodies. everything on their website is 6 screw and there’s no custom option for it as far as I can see. Maybe if you contact them they can offer it off menu?
    edited March 20
    The most obvious, but not the absolute cheapest, is of course an actual fender body

https://www.fender.com/en-GB/parts/bodies/deluxe-series-stratocaster-alder-body/0997103709.html

not really much more than a Guitarbuild body though, and the difference is much less than you’d ever spend on having it professionally finished, or even on a half dozen rattlecans and your time
  • NCoNCo Frets: 163
    Just got a Guitarbuild body, excellent service, the body had two slight imperfections though. Overall still highly reccomended.
  • NCoNCo Frets: 163
    Just to add to my comment above: 

My first option was Gavin at Axecaster, but at the point of purchase he didn't have what I wanted. He now has stock of some really lightweight, 2 piece Hosco bodies at incredible prices. Some already sold out, like the a 3lbs 7.75oz body, but he still has a couple more at 3lbs 11oz and 13oz.

His communication is great, always responds almost within an hour, and he's very helpful.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 464
    I'm very slowly assembling the parts I need for my first ever build.

Where in the UK can I get a HSH or HH strat body that doesn't cost the earth?
    It will need to have a proper Fender neck joint as I'll be fitting a Warmoth scale conversion neck.

I think I want a flat mount trem for downwards use only. Probably 2 posts, so a modern strat type or a Wilkinson VS100 etc.

Any ideas?

I haven't decided whether to buy a painted one or try to do it myself in the garden with a bunch of car paint cans - or just blow torch it a bit and then oil it.

ta

I have a US Standard Strat body as part of a partscaster that I'm thinking of dismantling and moving on.

Olympic white, two-point trem, HSH, from around 2013 I believe.

Maybe of interest? Depending on what you mean by not costing the earth..

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24355
    I suspect that will be too expensive for me. Aside from the neck, and the pickups that I already own I'm doing this cheap.