SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn- Large Collection of Cassettes by Original Artists

SammySammy Frets: 129
edited April 19 in Studio & Rec £
PLEASE READ FIRST:

A friend of mine who has serious health issues has asked me to help him sell most of his large collection of analog, tape type items that he has accumulated over the very many years, including cassettes, as he has no longer has the desire, due to his health.

Most are quality items, but with some not fully working ie his tape deck collection, as he never got round to servicing them due to his health issues, though he believes most will just be belt issues, which deteriorate when not used.

Though he would like to clear these out as soon as feasible, he has to take his time trying to go through & sort things first as needs rest inbetween, so items incl cassettes will be up for sale as and when.  Also when anything is up for sale, as he doesn't want to burden me more with trying to get top dollar for everything, they will be sold for reasonable prices and for less than market value!

Just to advise, though I have sold some studio stuff on here myself, my previous sellings & purchases on Fretboard over the years, mostly have been guitars/amps and have also always asked reasonable prices but don't have a great deal of knowledge, unlike my friend, of the tape industry. As with my own items I prefer to sell/buy on here as I have found more genuine people, plus buyers have always been 100% satisfied with my own sales. That is the reason for my suggestion of offering his items here first before other sites, which he agreed to. 

Large Collection of Original Tapes up for sale photos and descripion to follow

Look out for futher future sales as there will be some really good stuff coming up!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    edited April 10
    Pic withdrawn
    edited April 19
     B
    edited April 3
    There are around 750 1000  cassettes of various artists, which he has either bought &/or been given as he used to run a radio show using tape cassettes only and many listeners use to send them to him to play one or two of their tracks that they would like to hear over the air!

He was going to sort them all into the various Artists but has found that very hard for him to do, so is therefore just batching them up in Alphabetical order from A-Z

Am posting these cassettes as a job lot, as have decided after speaking with him, which he agreed, to offer all of them as one package as it would be a nightmare for me trying to sift through everything and sell as different artists etc. I only took the the first box which is A-C and have taken photos of most of them, could get them all on our table. So as you can see it is a complete range of Pop/Rock/Jazz/ Country etc, which obviously will be similar in the other boxes as he advised they range from ABBA to ZZ Top, but have no idea what they contain and if any quite rare etc, as just don't have the time go through &/or photograph them!

As advised there are around 750 1000 of them all in the correct original cases. In the box of A-C there are 164 tapes so around another 600 D-Z

As I really have no idea what such a large collection like this is worth, nor in fact has he on pre-recorded artist tapes, please after viewing the A-C bundle of tapes PM me if you are interested and we can go from there. Thank you

Pics to follow
    edited April 3
    Photos now deleted
    edited April 3
    Aplogies he has just advised me should be roughly about another 600 so that's 750 approx in all as the other 300 are made up compilation tapes. 
    edited April 3
    Just to advise the other 300 are Original Mixed Artists on the tapes again in original cases etc, not someone who has made up the tapes themselves!  I miss understood him, my mess up, so those could also be added to the others if wanted, which would make around 1000 cassettes in all!

Just to advise, as I quickly viewed them before I boxed them again after taking the pics, as my other half was getting annoyed they were all spread out on the dinning table, there are some really good artists in this A-C box and would have had some myself, but my cassette use has always really been just for tapeing our band rehersals and previous live gigs and I only have a few actual Original Artist tapes.

Anyway for someone who enjoys playing & listening to cassettes on a cassette deck &/or to maybe sell them on indivually, there's a hell of a lot of tapes, and there must be also some quite rare ones amongst them, as neither he and definately me have no idea whats in D-Z! 

So please pm me and make an offer, I can only say no, as he really needs to move these on along with most of his other analog gear, so he can finally, after 10 years and much more of collecting/buying etc, see his living room floor again! B

Apologies, have taken the tapes off for now as going round to his flat this evening to pick up some more items I asked to see some of the other tapes. When I did I didn't realise just how many really good cassettes he had of varing Artist ranging from 1950's to 2000 and am so glad I didn't let them go for just a £100 the lot!!!

Anyway we have decided to shelve them at the moment and will, when I have time later, help him sort them out into some sort of bundles.
    edited April 10
    Withdrawn