Does anyone in the UK sell Peavey parts?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3462
I found amp tube doctory thingy in Germany but I refuse to pay 30 quid to have a switch posted, cos I'm tight, and , well , brexit.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    Amps use generic switches ... CPC / RS / Mouser / Ebay will have something suitable 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3462
    Danny1969 said:
    Amps use generic switches ... CPC / RS / Mouser / Ebay will have something suitable 
    I need to swap out a linear pot for an audio pot, Peavey do make an audio pot, or have one listed , its 71190528 , the problem is its caged.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413

Yeah these PCB brackets are used in quite a few amps on the pots. You can actually buy the bracket as a separate part or you can reuse the old one if the lugs on the new pot are in the right place. Or if the pot bolts against the front panel you can omit it as it won't really move then anyway. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3462
    Danny1969 said:

Yeah these PCB brackets are used in quite a few amps on the pots. You can actually buy the bracket as a separate part or you can reuse the old one if the lugs on the new pot are in the right place. Or if the pot bolts against the front panel you can omit it as it won't really move then anyway. 

Thanks fella, Ive been looking at a few sites, saying that I havent checked EBay yet, all seem to be 6mm shafts, this is 4. (something, different listings give different values) but 4.75 seems close. Its tiny on a 16mm body, to replace with 6mm will mean rimming out the panel and replacing the knob, thats not going to look pretty , I might send PeaveyUK an EMail and see if they have one, I dont mind the cost of the pot 10quid ish over a generic 2 quid ish replacement, I loath paying nearly 30 quid postage though. 

It seems crazy to me that they would have used a linear pot in there in the first place, they should have just used an off/on.loud switch instead. :0)

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>