Hudson Broadcast

Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1940
Why is it apparently so difficult to get hold of a new dual (grey with crimson knobs) version anywhere except some dodgy looking websites I've never heard of. Others are available but I want the bog standard dual. There's the odd one or two used on ebay but asking at or above new price. No good to me as there's no statutory 12 month guarantee if it goes wrong. Is there a problem with production? Should I consider on of the other variants instead? What's the most versatile one?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    edited March 16
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1940
    DoctorX said:
    I saw that but never heard of them. Are they trustworthy?

Ian

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    They’re pretty well known. They do a lot of vintage electronics restorations in addition to selling new stuff. I’ve bought a few things from them in the past and they were great.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1940
    DoctorX said:
    They’re pretty well known. They do a lot of vintage electronics restorations in addition to selling new stuff. I’ve bought a few things from them in the past and they were great.
    Good o. I'll get and order one on Monday then. Is this the most versatile Broadcast? I suspect not but it might be the best bang for the buck. Anyone, think otherwise? 

Ian

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Sound gas are good to buy from. No issues there.

I just sold a pink dual one to richtone if you fancy something cheaper and pink
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • rayttkrayttk Frets: 68
    Another plus for Soundgas
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    My favourite of all the versions was the single switch 24v unit. Mind you I like transparency in a pedal and lower gain tones…