Anyone used Lenspeed for shipping an amp?

What's Hot
Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
edited March 16 in Amps
Looking at shipping options for an amp and would like to avoid the regular box droppers. Lenspeed seems well liked but wondering if anyone has used their services for an amp rather than a guitar? Wondering what packaging standard they require (I’ll ask them as well, just thought I’d check here too…)

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4830
    edited March 17
    As far as I'm aware you don't need packaging mate, it was £99 though when I asked for a quote. Bit pricey but I imagine the service is way better and safer. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Good to know - thanks!
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    I've used them a few times. Good service. You don't need to do any packing, but if you're nit picky about scratches, dents etc, it makes sense to do something to prevent it.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6152
    tFB Trader
    I used them to ship 10 guitars, they were genuinely awesome…. The time i saved not boxing the things up made it worth it for me. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    Yep. Very good. Bit pricey for an amp so I only use them when I got to have something and the seller won't ship but overall excellent service. Absolutely worth it if it's an amp AND cab as iirc it's same price. 
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    Guitars are still £55 for most of England, but amps etc fall into the £99 category. I've used them for countless guitars and a couple of amps. If the amp's worth a fair bit it's worth the extra for peace of mind.  
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4830
    Unfortunately their prices are now plus VAT, so add 20%. Still a great service like.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.