SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler - Johan Gustavsson Bluesmaster Special PBG 2011 - Very rare

What's Hot
JGCJGC Frets: 157
edited March 17 in Guitars £
This is just a very tentative listing for an exceptional and rare guitar.

Built under license by Gene Baker ( b3 ) on behalf of Johan Gustavsson, these guitars were only produced for one year in 2011, with the premise of providing a JGG guitar of outstanding quality for an achievable price point, as opposed to the £12-13k that a JGG normally costs.

This guitar is exceptional in every way, it's lightweight, vibrant and plays like a dream. Currently strung with D'Addario 10s

The original Lollar Imperials have been replaced by Throbak SLE101 PAFs, which are £500 a pair at Coda.

The neck is similar to what you would find on a Huber Krautster 2. In my opinion this is a better guitar all round, my K2 has long gone. If the neck was a touch slimmer I wouldn't be thinking of letting this go.

Original case is built like a tank and rock solid.
  • Serial: 0911JG02208, Made In USA, 2011
  • Vintage 2-Tone Sunburst Nitro Finish
  • Mahogany Body
  • Mahogany Neck
  • ’58’ Neck Profile
  • Bone Nut
  • Indian Rosewood Fretboard
  • MOP Dot Inlays
  • 12″ Fingerboard Radius
  • Nut Width: 43.5mm
  • 22 Medium Frets
  • Throbak SLE101 PAFs
  • 3-Way Toggle Switch
  • 2x Volume, 2x Tone Controls
  • 1-Piece Tonepros Lockable Wraparound Adjustable Bridge
  • Vintage Style Tuners
  • Weight: 3,5kg
  • Original Case

The last ones I saw were a long time ago, maybe 2 or 3 years, and were on sale at around the £3.5k mark. There's a couple around at 3k and 3.2k in the US and Greece

Given its immaculate condition and the Throbaks I'd be looking for £3250.

If anyone is seriously interested I'm happy to discuss in more detail via PM and would consider sensible offers.

Thanks for looking.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    What is your asking price?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5268
    edited March 16
    I just missed out on the pellum blue one that sold on reverb/ebay recently.  Great guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JGCJGC Frets: 157
    D
    Roland said:
    What is your asking price?

Done
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    mgaw said:
    I just missed out on the pellum blue one that sold on reverb/ebay recently.  Great guitars
    Same!
  • eatapeacheatapeach Frets: 110
    just to confirm what ppl are saying on here about these.  Top top quality guitar, light and vibey, absolutely great case, and I also have sold a Huber (Orca) but kept this.  It's a better guitar.  Mine is a junior with Lollar P90.  Not derailing your ad, but someone should jump on this sunburst one.  

Contrary to public opinion I'm near Manchester and Huddersfield and not near the M20!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    eatapeach said:
    just to confirm what ppl are saying on here about these.  Top top quality guitar, light and vibey, absolutely great case, and I also have sold a Huber (Orca) but kept this.  It's a better guitar.  Mine is a junior with Lollar P90.  Not derailing your ad, but someone should jump on this sunburst one.  

that's nice ... same conclusion all round from me .... by all accounts PBG versions are virtually indistinguishable from a JGG version, the workmanship is impeccable in every aspect, and the sound / playability / resonance are off the scale.

All the guitars in this tune were done using the Gustavsson    

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    seeing as it's Friday