New (to me) guitar inbound. 2014 D-28

What's Hot
jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 66
I have a mint 2014 D-28 inbound tomorrow. Quite excited, as I've wanted one of these for twenty years. Thankfully, it was cheap enough relative to the new ones to make it possible. There was zero chance of paying the 3+k for a recent one. Any fans of the pre-reimagined versions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    I've got a 2010 version. For general play I prefer the 1 11/16 nut width over the 1 3/4 inch reimagined nut width. If you were an out and out finger picker then 1 3/4 is probably better, but then I don't think a dreadnought is the weapon of choice for that.
    Mine has the old style non scalloped bracing which means you have to work a bit harder, but I have no issues with the sound it produces. Overall, I think I prefer the old style, but I'm sure the new ones are excellent too. If anything Martin would do well to improve the standard of their moulded cases, which are pretty poor in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 66
    Thanks! I'm not sure more volume would necessarily be a benefit in my apartment anyhow. I have to assume Jimmy Page's recordings along with other favorites would have been this construction. 
  • jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 66
    I got to spend an hour with it today, and I have to say it's fantastic. Sounds exactly like I'd hoped it might. Certainly intrigued to play other bracing styles now, but I could definitely be content with this sound indefinitely. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 236
    ^^That's what it's all about. HNGD   ;)