65 Princeton reverb/tremolo footswitch issue.

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
edited March 17 in Amps
The pedal for my reissue Princeton has just started playing up, the vibrato pedal turns on reverb and tremolo and the reverb side seemingly does nothing. 

Any idea how to fix it or do I need to stump for a new one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    Sounds like a short in the plug. Open it up and see if the two terminals are touching each other.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1427
    ICBM said:
    Sounds like a short in the plug. Open it up and see if the two terminals are touching each other.
    Yep, Had this a couple times myself, I ended up using a small piece of card as a seperator/spacer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    ICBM said:
    Sorry for being an idiot do you mean the jack?
    munckee said:

No, I mean the plug.

The jack is the socket on the amp that it goes into. Sorry, pedantry I know :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    munckee said:

No, I mean the plug.

The jack is the socket on the amp that it goes into. Sorry, pedantry I know :).
    Fair enough, just making sure we’re talking about the same thing! : )
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    I’ve also had problems in the footswitch end - just connections fraying and shorting. 
    ICBM said:
    Unsurprisingly you were right!
    munckee said:

Unsurprisingly you were right!
    Even more unsurprisingly I've fixed more than one of them with the same fault :). Those plugs are a bit crap really...

• RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
    edited March 18
    I’ve noticed the same issue this evening on my Princeton. Sadly moving the wires apart & putting a bit of card between hasn’t solved it.