Monty’s PSA

What's Hot
MSedgMSedg Frets: 123
Just a quick one. Like an idiot, I decided to turn my hand at magnet swapping in a Monty’s PAF. Tried a few different ones (A6, A4, A8) as I what I actually need is a higher-power pickup, but I fancied messing around with what I already had. Tried the A8 last and had zero signal from the B string, at all. Every other string sounded great. New magnet from AxesRUs.

So I called the manufacturer - and rather than tell me to jog on as I’d voided my warranty, gave me a sympathetic ear and some things to try. Long story short, magnets can apparently partially demagnetise, and the new A8 sounds great in there. Anyway, Monty’s are great and I found them v helpful, so make of that what you like. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 662
    edited March 17
    Always nice to hear positive experiences as well as the warnings 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 799
    That's great to hear. 

Have chatted with Mr Monty's at guitar shows on soldering tips and he is always very helpful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5795
    I’ve never actually spoken to them but they do make the best P90 I’ve ever heard. 

Always nice to hear that the person behind the company is as good as the product they make. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3303
    Yep, Matt went the full nine yards with some after sales service for me a few years back :+1: 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7072
    tFB Trader
    I've also had great after sales service from Monty's 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 872
    I've used them a couple of times, great service and great sounding pickups.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11914
    I used them during the pandemic to convert my PRS SE One to 2 knobs and install their P90 and met Matt in person.  They did a great job and the whole thing was bang on their estimate schedule too.