Stick on inlays - cheesy or “good enough”?

What's Hot
I’m making a Jem style guitar, I have an amazing neck that only has dots (not the usual kitsch pyramids or whatever). 

Has anyone used them? I can’t imagine it’s worth the mess of actually putting in inlays … more a bit of fun to be honest. 

Checking before I waste £15. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    I’ve got some for Xmas & some pink pickup covers but I’ve not got round to doing them yet 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I used some “Abalone” dots from Fretlook on a neck that has only side dots, work very well
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18826
    I’m making a Jem style guitar, I have an amazing neck that only has dots (not the usual kitsch pyramids or whatever). 

Has anyone used them? I can’t imagine it’s worth the mess of actually putting in inlays … more a bit of fun to be honest. 

Checking before I waste £15. 
    £15?  C'mon, we are relying on you spending the price of a pint or three to inform us of what works ;) 
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    paulnb57 said:
    I used some “Abalone” dots from Fretlook on a neck that has only side dots, work very well
    This is enough for me to risk £15. Thanks!
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    I've tried fretboard markers (dots) on a Parker, which only had side markers, and side markers on my PRS SE Hollowbody where the existing inlays are virtually invisible against the fancy binding (that is, if I'm not wearing my reading glasses).

In both cases they were 'ok', but they don't last.

I've thought about getting the PRS changed by a profesional but, in my case, the true solution might be varifocals.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1656
    edited March 18
    I've used them loads

I've used a couple of type now... some are better than others..
    The ones I had done in custom colours fade.. but the standard PAW style pyramids have a coating on them and whilst a little thicker.. they are still in good condition..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    I've used them loads

I've used a couple of type now... some are better than others..
    The ones I had done in custom colours fade.. but the standard PAW style pyramids have a coating on them and whilst a little thicker.. they are still in good condition..

Could you PM me (or post on here) where you got those, cos that’s exactly what I want. 

It’s a rosewood fretboard, but fancy those exact “inlays”. 

Feline refretted it with 6000, so shouldn’t run them off with my fat fingers. 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1656
    ok.. so these are the better quality ones..

..and these were the customisable ones (colour wise) but I have found them to fade (despite being told they have a coating on them)

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?