SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Jim Root Telecaster

What's Hot
DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
edited March 20 in Guitars £
This is a corking guitar that punches well above its weight for the money. As stock these come with EMGs, but the previous owner had swapped them for a set of Dimarzio Transitions which are Steve Lukather's signature pickups. As an owner of 2 Musicman L3 guitars over the years, I had a good idea what to expect from these pickups and they didn't disappoint - they sound fantastic with excellent clarity and plenty of punch. Combined with the 5 way selector they give many different tonal possibilities.

Specs:

Body: Mahogany
Finish: Nitro dating finish
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Frets: Jumbo
Bridge: Fixed string thru
Pickups: Dimarzio Transitions
Pickup Selector: 5 way blade (coil splits on positions 2 and 4)

Hardshell black and grey tweed G&G case included.

In addition to the pickups and selector switch swaps, the other point to note is that the finish on the back of the neck has been sanded off and oiled and waxed for a super silky feel.

In terms of condition, it's well played, but good. On the body there is a small chip next to the neck pocket, a chip to the nitro on the back and a few small indentations on the bottom. There are also several patches of pink, staining to the back and bottom of the guitar. What's caused, it I have no idea as I don't ever wear red... only thing I can think is whether it's to do with the red lining of the G&G hard shell case?

On the neck there is a single ding just below the headstock and is high enough that you'll never feel it when playing.

I'm based in Kent near Maidstone. Collection is preferred and I'm happy to travel up to 45 minutes to meet up. I work in London near Old St, so meeting near there is also an option. I have plenty of shipping boxes, packing materials and experience of sending guitars, so am equally happy to do that at the buyers expense and choice of courier. 

Looking for £625

Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/cxqWht3

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    That is one hell of a price.. If I had any cash.. and I dont even mean spare atm lol.. I would have that in an instant. I had one for years and loved it, only sold it stupidly as I was moving and something had to go, that sold before the Gibson SG I had at the time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Yeah, if it doesn't go I won't be disappointed!

Priced it lower due to the non original pickups - which to me and hopefully to whoever buys it, is a huge plus anyway, but I get that to many makes it less desirable.

It's a great guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    To me it would be a bonus as while I did like the EMG's the guitar became a under used backup when I changed from a hardcore style band to go back to my roots of punk rock/90s rock band style band, the emgs just were not right mind you neither was the rivera knucklehead tre I had at the time which was full on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Bought back from me by @JackGriffiths who I bought it from 7 years ago. Lovely to catch up and talk guitars
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom