Box of Rock/Dane or Timmy into crunchy Marshall?

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I have a Top Hat Emplexador 50 classic Marshall style amp. I run it at a very light breakup and currently push it with a Timmy. There are times when I could use another boost stage which has got me looking at dual overdrive/boosts. Pedal board space is limited so I have been thinking about the Dane MKII or a box of rock.

Anyone any experience how either of these fair pushing a slightly driven Marshall? It would take a lot to move the Timmy off the board so they would need to be a bit special 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    Are you looking to add drive from the pedal itself or use the pedal to drive the amp harder, or a bit of both?

If it’s just driving the amp, the Rangemaster-derived Catalinbread Naga Viper is great into a slightly to moderately crunchy Marshall style amp
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24329
    1: On voicing 2 get the gain to about 7.
    2: Guitar into Timmy, then into a Boss SD-1 with low gain but full volume. Hit the amp input really hard. Then a bit harder.

Never ever use voicing 1 again because that is against humanity.

Play everything with squealies!

Glad I could help! :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I have a Timmy and prefer an SD-1 and BD-2 into my DSL. The Timmy is great though.
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    Are you looking to add drive from the pedal itself or use the pedal to drive the amp harder, or a bit of both?

If it’s just driving the amp, the Rangemaster-derived Catalinbread Naga Viper is great into a slightly to moderately crunchy Marshall style amp
    It’s a bit of both to be honest. I don’t want the pedal to totally cover the character of the amp but rather blend with it. I have generally found attaching a series of lower gain overdrives and boosts to get me where I like rather than one pedal with the gain higher 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    Two-Timmys-Mark sounds like an ace nickname… 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    68 pedals KOT clone, sounds pretty much identical to the KOT all the way through tbd spectrum. ( I had them side by side ) can use one side as a clean boost to push the Timmy and another flavour of dirt the other side. £100 on eBay 
    or a boss eq should do the trick nicely