Schaller strap buttons question

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
Has anybody ever had Schaller strap buttons come with a screw fitted and what appears to be a hex head?  Baffled, as I've always used existing screws and just replaced the button:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NC38Q7H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If anybody has any buttons to sell, give me a shout!
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DPCDPC Frets: 55
    Its a new design that's been around for a few years now. Huge shame because the parts that fit on the strap are bulkier and a nuisance to install. Plus, as you said, you can't use the existing screws anymore
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    Hello mate. Yes, used them with absolutely no issues. Didn't even consider them being different if I'm honest. Possibly have a chrome set laying around doing nothing (not sure which type), will take a look later and let you know.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    DPC said:
    Its a new design that's been around for a few years now. Huge shame because the parts that fit on the strap are bulkier and a nuisance to install. Plus, as you said, you can't use the existing screws anymore
    Weird.  They don't even come with an Allen wrench, which doesn't help.  They're going back anyway!  Maybe time to start using the Dunlop ones, which I have about half a dozen sets of.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    The Amazon product image looks like the more recent Schaller S-Lock design rather than the classic Straplock with which you (and I) will be familar.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    If you're worried about the thread being coarser than the old screws I'd suggest rubbing a bar of soap on the thread before you fit it
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Aye I have 3 sets of them. All allen heads, 2 on my ltd's and 1 set on my Harley Benton. They all seemed to be threaded the same size as existing screws so was a direct replacement.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    skunkwerx said:
    Aye I have 3 sets of them. All allen heads, 2 on my ltd's and 1 set on my Harley Benton. They all seemed to be threaded the same size as existing screws so was a direct replacement.
    Does that nudge the Harley Benton closer to an R9 in quality?

I'm sure they will be fine actually.  Just discombobulated me a little (not difficult).

My band, Red For Dissent
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    Had a look in the spares drawer and the set I have are the same as in your link but chrome. Will probably put them on the SE my grandsons uses when visiting just for peace of mind.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    If anyone has any spare tightening nuts for the original Schaller design (preferably Chromebut not fussy), I'd be a grateful recepient?

Found the washer on the floor, but alas, not the nut.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    skunkwerx said:
    Does that nudge the Harley Benton closer to an R9 in quality?

I'm sure they will be fine actually.  Just discombobulated me a little (not difficult).
    Oh without a doubt!  ;p
    The only easy day, was yesterday...