NGD! Cort G300 Pro but damaged in three places

What's Hot

Comments

• BigAmpsBigAmps Frets: 15
    edited March 19
    At first I thought it may have happened during transit but both boxes are completely undamaged including the inner box the guitar comes in, no signs of bangage at all so I’m thinking it was a really bad day for QC lol 

edit - spelling 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72372
    There’s no way that left the factory like that. It’s clearly taken a major knock to the side of the body, and either the impact inertia has shifted the neck or it’s had another bump at that end - the neck has been pushed towards the pickup cavity and broken the end wall of the pocket.

Shame, it looks(ed) like a nice guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited March 19
    Ignore my last comment I’ve checked the box again and the corresponding corner has crumpled slightly so I agree yes looks like it’s taken a bang somewhere 

But regarding the fretboard and where the crack is there, the lower fret looks really badly finished like badly sanded to me 

Box images below but signs of damage not immediately apparent

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    That's nothing - That there half fish half monkey in the warehouse probably did it before it was packaged.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11751
    I have to say I'm struggling to see how the damage to the box translated to the damage to the guitar - especially as it was double-boxed and well-packed as you've said.  Nor can I believe that the guitar got past Cort QC in that condition.  So I'm wondering if this was (at best) GG B-stock which explains the £250 price chop. But I could be very wrong of course :-)
    Offset said:
    I have to say I'm struggling to see how the damage to the box translated to the damage to the guitar - especially as it was double-boxed and well-packed as you've said.  Nor can I believe that the guitar got past Cort QC in that condition.  So I'm wondering if this was (at best) GG B-stock which explains the £250 price chop. But I could be very wrong of course :-)
    Could be b-stock but it was listed as new and the internal Cort box did not look like it had been previously opened eg they use a paper adhesive tape to seal the internal box, not sellotape, and all of the tapes sealing the box had not been interfered with either. Very strange, and disappointing too

GG support email was basically “sorry, arrange a return on the online portal” sadly nothing about me being a first time user of their company and even though they probably have no blame on this I’d expected a little bit more than sorry sort out a return 

Im done with gold guitars so I’m back looking for a Charvel Henrik danhage model or something similar now 
    Was the Cort box damaged?
    Offset said:
    No damage whatsoever to the internal box 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7255
    BigAmps said:
    Offset said:
    The plot thickens.  I think you will need Abby Sciuto on the case to determine how the act was committed.
    BillDL said:
    BigAmps said:
    Offset said:
    The plot thickens.  I think you will need Abby Sciuto on the case to determine how the act was committed.
    Nah.  I think you need Lennie Briscoe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    A proper Agatha Christie caper lol 

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    What was the returns process like with guitarguitar – just received a new pedal from which clearly isn’t new –  underwhelmed is putting its mildly . 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've had a few retailers selling b stock/display marked stock as new. Really winds me up.

I think that guitar was damaged at some point by GG/a customer of GG, then re packed/sealed in a new Cort box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 20
    JMP220478 said:
    What was the returns process like with guitarguitar – just received a new pedal from which clearly isn’t new –  underwhelmed is putting its mildly . 
    I emailed support dept (support@guitarguitar.co.uk) and they replied with sorry, go to the online portal and arrange a return … (https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/returns/online)

ps my guitar arrived Tuesday and earliest collection I could arrange was for tomorrow
    I've had a few retailers selling b stock/display marked stock as new. Really winds me up.

I think that guitar was damaged at some point by GG/a customer of GG, then re packed/sealed in a new Cort box.
    PMT did this to me back in December when I ordered a new EVH standard in gold - they sent me a shop soiled, dusty and rusty wreck of a guitar, no EVH box, wrapped in a clear Yamaha keyboard bag and thrown into a box with a few bits of cardboard in it

it was dispatched from their head office in Liverpool too, so I won’t ever use them again 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7255
    It's a puzzle to me why a company would send a shop soiled, dusty and rusty guitar knowing that the customer would be dissatisfied.  Maybe they are playing for time until they get new stock in and are gambling on the fact that some people will return it for a replacement and perhaps and they have gained about two weeks of time, or some may ask for a substantial enough discount and they've got rid of a shop demo guitar.  Who knows?  It's bad business practice either way, and in the case of GuitarGuitar that switched to "employee ownership" in 2022 I would have thought that customer retention would have been more important than one singular sale.

A couple of the things I have bought from GuitarGuitar were delivered directly from a warehouse storage facility close to where I live, so not all of their stock is sold from storage rooms in the respective stores.  I suppose there is always the possibility of somebody working in such a warehouse to switching a well used guitar, effects pedal, or some other item for a new one and keeping the new one for themself.  Not all people working in a warehouse will share the same enthusiasm for music and guitar playing as those employees in the stores, so they would be less likely to treat boxed items with the same level of care.
    Agree with all of that, just sucks for the customer (me) when I’ve been stung twice as new customer to two separate companies and when i emailed them they reply with a couldn’t care less attitude. It’s like nobody gives a toss these days, take it or leave it because somebody else will buy it even if you don’t lol 
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    Someone else will buy it, but it needs to be sold as a B-stock with full disclosure. What is it worth in that condition I wonder? 

Last B Stock guitar I bought was spotless.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom