Bloody Spark , beware equipment that you need to sign into an account to use features

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• deejayendeejayen Frets: 15
    I'm not a fan of touch screens in general, but especially not in cars. 

I had new Peugeot of some sort on hire for a few days, and the system locked-up and put the heater and fans on full.  The touch screen didn't respond to anything, so I had to open the windows before I suffocated!  I then had to pull in to a layby and reboot the car...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    I like the touch screen on the Aeros Looper & on the headrush pedalboards 

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    edited April 9
    DAW plugins that need to be online to use them can **** off too.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    Vintage65 said:
    DAW plugins that need to be online to use them can **** off too.
    That sounds like a ridiculous idea , it’s bad enough tall the jumping through hoops you have to do 
    to register them ,it’s taken me ages with some plugins . I’ve actually considered getting pirate ones before as the installation process can be so traumatic 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Before we let HP printers off the hook:  I had an old but very good hp laser printer.  It had firmware in it that prevented you using refilled cartridges or cartridges from any other manufacturer.

So when hp stopped making the cartridges, 14kg of very functional and useful gear because e-waste. 

Obviously I won't buy from them again.  Good gear, predatory business.
    Local recyclers have been selling replacement cartridges which work for all the OEMs’ chips.  if you still have it, and you can find a local Cartridge Recycler (most towns have one or two on or near the high street) have a word and you will be surprised.   There were big legal cases a decade or so ago where the OEMs were taking the remanufacturers (who were selling functional cartridges to the recycler shops) to court to protect their own stuff.  But it was a difficult legal case because the OEMs were restricting recycling, and in the end the remanufacturers have made it work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom