SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1983 JV Squier - tastefully refinished and fabulously upgraded and now cheaper than before.

What's Hot
merlinmerlin Frets: 6698
edited April 6 in Guitars £

I had to dip my toes in again but sadly I have realised that all-in-all I am not a Strat player. I've not had it long but Strats really aren't for me, no matter how much I'd like them to be. 

You've all probably seen this before as it's been listed on the forum before.... by @bgmartinsbridge and @jimkehoe in the past. This one is great, it's a 1983 JV Squier, that can give any Fender a good run for its money. It's been really beautifully refinished with checking and some dings and looks like it's been properly played and loved. Which it has. 

It's got Callaham upgrades to the trem bridge, short trem arm and Bare Knuckle ‘59 slab pickups which would cost £300 alone and sound excellent. It plays and feels and sounds like a real Fender 62. The neck is spot on and the dark rosewood fingerboard is beautiful. And also beautiful. Not to mention beautiful. 

The neck profile and playing is pure ‘62 with vintage frets yet it has a great action that doesn’t choke out anywhere and feels tremendous.

It weighs 7lbs and 13 ounces. So not a lightweight but a very comfortable weight nonetheless. 

So all in all a true vintage masterpiece that plays, feels and sounds wonderful.

£800.  £750   SOLD Collection only from Brighton, unless there's a sensible way of doing it. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6698
    There have been some tasty trade offers (sadly nothing that really blew my skirt up) and a couple of people making good enquiries but no-one has dared step onto the heroic platform yet....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s really lovely. Trying to think of guitars I’m not using… or if I have a spare £800 down the back of the sofa…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A bump before we hit the weekend of J. 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1470
    V nice. 
    edited April 3
    £750, please buy the f**k out of it this instant. 
  • ziggynuggetziggynugget Frets: 67
    Hi,
    What colour is this?  Looks like Sonic Blue with a yellow tint maybe?

And SOLD to the winner of life!