Are fancy delays worth the effort?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• spirit7spirit7 Frets: 339
    It depends.  For basic delay for leads, I’ve gone back to an old ‘80s DD-2.  I love the slightly grainy character of the repeats. 

For “character” delays, paying more is worth it. Currently sporting a DMM, Cicognani Echoltd 2 and the DD-2 on one board, and that covers everything I need without any menus :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tia_ProjectTia_Project Frets: 1
    I think delays are incredibly versatile and allow you to reach your sonic palette, in particular when used in stereo.

I tend to use two of them at the same time usually. One set up as either a doubler, chorus, flanger, or phaser and the second one for longer, rhythmic, stereo spread delays.

I tend to prefer the tc electronic 2290 as doubler while I alternate between a Korg dl 8000, lexicon pcm 80 and a roland sde 330 for rhythmic/circular/panned delays. While I love the eventide eclipse for the full stereo spread and diffusion.

Now, I am a rack guy however the latest pedal release from tc electronic and boss can really provide you all the delay functionality you might think of :)

This book (despite being quite old) is very helpful in discovering/trying new delay lines applications

https://archive.org/details/TheDigitalDelayHandbookByCraigAnderton600dpi/mode/1up
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1239
    Yes, Ye,ye,y,y,y,y,y,y,YES!
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    Yes.

Thank you for your time.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    Strymon Brigadier is all you need, particularly for what you describe. Definitely my favourite and  I’ve tried plenty.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne2eyPrf64M&pp=ygURc3RyeW1vbiBicmlnYWRpZXI%3D