Alesis SR16......can I put this through an effects loop?

surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
Incredibly I have never used an effects loop and never had an amp with one either.  I recently bought a Marshall DSL40CR and as it has an effects loop I was wondering if there was any way I could put an SR16 through it?  I see that the SR16 only has outputs of the rear panel so maybe it isn't an option?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72403
    You can connect the output of the SR16 to the FX return if you want to use the amp as a drum amp. Be careful with the volume, as there’s a risk of damaging the speaker if it’s too high on either unit. You won’t be able to use the amp for guitar at the same time, the FX loop disconnects the preamp. It’s not going to be at all ideal even if you get a usable level setting, as the Marshall won’t have the frequency response you need for drums.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    ICBM said:
    You can connect the output of the SR16 to the FX return if you want to use the amp as a drum amp. Be careful with the volume, as there’s a risk of damaging the speaker if it’s too high on either unit. You won’t be able to use the amp for guitar at the same time, the FX loop disconnects the preamp. It’s not going to be at all ideal even if you get a usable level setting, as the Marshall won’t have the frequency response you need for drums.
    Thanks a million this @ICBM. ; I have to say I suspected it may not work but now I know!!! :)  Great to have an explanation of why it won't work too.  

Cheers

Guy