PSA: A couple of CV Squier Thinline Telecasters on sale

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Oh man.

I've wanted a thinline telecaster for forever. This is sorely testing my "no more guitars" resolve...
    Do it, do it, do it do it.....
    Nah. I'm a bass man these days and am sticking strictly to one electric guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited March 23
    Oh man.

I've wanted a thinline telecaster for forever. This is sorely testing my "no more guitars" resolve...
    Do it, do it, do it do it.....
    Nah. I'm a bass man these days and am sticking strictly to one electric guitar. 
    They sound quite nice (albeit quiet) unplugged as well ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    OK right - mine has arrived... (the 70s, natural, Richey Edwards one)

First off... The Good....

This is an excellent guitar to play, neck is really good, though its lacquered that might not be to everyone's taste.  Come set up with a low action, looks like it's not 100% intonated though...

Sounds great, lovely clear full sound from the pickups through my little Vox handbag on my desk

Unplugged, it also sounds wonderfully resonant yet solid.

It's a great musical instrument, and a stunning one for the money...

Now... The BAD...

This is small beans for £235 - but I suspect the insanely low price is because these are in fact, factory seconds...

I say this because there are some tiny flaws in the otherwise lovely finish on the front near the knobs, and some more-than-tiny areas where the finish was missed around the f-hole.

Now... if it was full price, which for these this day and age is nearly four-hundred-notes, I'd return it, but as it is, remains a bargain :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    OK right - mine has arrived... (the 70s, natural, Richey Edwards one)

First off... The Good....

This is an excellent guitar to play, neck is really good, though its lacquered that might not be to everyone's taste.  Come set up with a low action, looks like it's not 100% intonated though...

Sounds great, lovely clear full sound from the pickups through my little Vox handbag on my desk

Unplugged, it also sounds wonderfully resonant yet solid.

It's a great musical instrument, and a stunning one for the money...

Now... The BAD...

This is small beans for £235 - but I suspect the insanely low price is because these are in fact, factory seconds...

I say this because there are some tiny flaws in the otherwise lovely finish on the front near the knobs, and some more-than-tiny areas where the finish was missed around the f-hole.

Now... if it was full price, which for these this day and age is nearly four-hundred-notes, I'd return it, but as it is, remains a bargain :)
    I'd certainly have hung on to it at that price for those minor imperfections.  Thanks for posting and HNGD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 23
    Fuck... I really want one of these and Mrs Ed just said no!
    Dump her... and then get both!  3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Recieved mine and on the fence whether to return it , finish is great apart from a little 10mm rough spot inside the f hole , necks a bit gloopy/ glossy but that can be sorted easily enough , we all know the wide range humbuckers are really just normal humbuckers in these models , bridge pickup sounds great and bitey / crunchy but middle and neck sound wooly and unusable , string spacing seems tight for my big hands and neck edges feel sharp ( didn't expect them to be rolled at this price) neck shape is a comfortable slighly fatter than the generic C shape .

So do i keep it flatten the neck ,get a replacement neck pick up ,roll the edges ? .

The fly in the ointment is the string spacing ,it looks as the strings are hight at the nut so lowering them may help and there is space for a new nut to make the string spacing wider , i would do all the work myself but would still have the cost of a neck wide range humbucker.

I'm only playing home volume through a positive grid spark so maybe it's that ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    Try adjusting the pickup height.