SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD* FS/FT - Rift Tweed 15

What's Hot
theterracattheterracat Frets: 15
edited April 9 in Amps £
A bit of a feeler as I actually think maybe I should keep a Tweed Deluxe in my life, and this one has the great power scaling feature for home use. But I should be on 1 amp in, 1 amp out, and having just acquired one, here we go:

Rift Tweed 15 - your classic tweed deluxe (5e3) circuit, but with high quality Rift components and handwired here in the UK.

Originally bought this from a brilliant forum member, one @Jeebas and I will put it up for the same sale price as it remains in the condition I received it from him. All is working, tubes are great as far as I can tell, and speaker is lovely. Not gigged by me, stored in smoke free house, and moved about sparingly and with care.

It began life as a head unit, but the prior owner asked Chris at Rift to carefully put it into one of their combo shells and then it got an excellent Celestion G12H30 70th Anniversary speaker installed and now breathes vintagey goodness and edge-of-blowup tweed sounds. Complete with London Power scaling, and upgraded components that allow you to swap in 6L6s and re-bias for added power if that is your wont. (Personally, it is capable of being so loud already, I cannot imagine wanting to do the 6L6 move unless you just needed headroom for pedals or some massive venue. But that's just my view!)

For a sale, I'd be asking £1100 collected in London. Less inclined to ship because it gives me irrational heartburn.

Trade or part-ex offerings? I have most things covered, but I am intrigued by older Bad Cats, Matchless, 70s-80s Marshalls or possibly some standard fare guitars (HSS strats, PRS, etc).

Updated photos:  
https://postimg.cc/gallery/qTr8T1R8

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5861

think maybe I should keep a Tweed Deluxe in my life
    This. Always this!!

But good luck with your foolish endeavour naturally ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 458
    Photos please! And where in London are you? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • theterracattheterracat Frets: 15
    Delayed in adding photos but working on it! Long day at work. Am located in SE London, Greenwich.
    Rapidly taken, shadowy photos added, but they do show the important bits.
    Bump. A new week, a new tweed deluxe style combo? Have had some interesting trade offers, but nothing sealed yet.
    Bump!
    Rift Tweed still for sale or trade
    Still for selling on this fine tweed combo, as I have just acquired a new amp and need to move something on against my collector instincts.
    A new weekend, a Tweed for your sonic collection
    Pending exchange!