Gibson branded pots dating. Help.

What's Hot

Can anyone help identify / date these Gibson pots. 

I was told that they were a set which  came out of a 90s les Paul but not too sure as two are chrome with one "spray" hole and the other two a dull metal with two holes.

Also the stamps to the side look to be different, I originally thought  they maybe different due to being  for volumes or tone but again not sure now. Thanks 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    They may well have come out of a 90s Les Paul, but if so then they weren’t all original to it. They’re not a set - three have been volumes at least at some time from the solder on the third terminal, the one labelled NT has always been a tone (500K log). The volume labelled BV is a 300K linear.

I’m not 100% certain about Gibson date codes, but I think the ones with 1635 at the end are 2016 - they’re much newer than the other ones, anyway.

You probably don’t want the 300K as a volume, most people don’t like them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14462
    What he said. 

If in doubt, do not use those pots in your own guitar.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    They may well have come out of a 90s Les Paul, but if so then they weren’t all original to it. They’re not a set - three have been volumes at least at some time from the solder on the third terminal, the one labelled NT has always been a tone (500K log). The volume labelled BV is a 300K linear.

I’m not 100% certain about Gibson date codes, but I think the ones with 1635 at the end are 2016 - they’re much newer than the other ones, anyway.

You probably don’t want the 300K as a volume, most people don’t like them.
    Thanks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790

Gibson branded pots dating. Help.

Just be yourself, and don't do anything you aren't comfortable with the first time you meet up.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom