Does anyone make a 70s Tele Deluxe body with a Strat trem route?

What's Hot
I want an early 70s style Tele Deluxe body (no neck pocket notch, rounded edges) routed for a Stratocaster tremolo but can't seem to find anyone offering them. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one or have one made?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    The Fender Vintera II Tele Deluxes have strat trems.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    Warmoth will do it
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9648
    I’d guess that Guitarbuild would as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    They don’t have the Deluxe top route option on the custom build page so depends if they have that cnc profile to hand
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    edited March 22 tFB Trader
    I want an early 70s style Tele Deluxe body (no neck pocket notch, rounded edges) routed for a Stratocaster tremolo but can't seem to find anyone offering them. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one or have one made?
    What do you mean by no neck pocket notch? 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• BeardedRainbowBeardedRainbow Frets: 17
    edited March 22
    GSPBASSES said:
    What do you mean by no neck pocket notch? 
    I mean the a wider radius curve on the curl right by the bass side of the neck and also the gradual disappearance of the notch in that area caused by the use of 3/4 inch routers instead of 1/2 inch.

On older bodies the front side of the body meets the 17th fret (give or take a little by year) and for most guitars by 1972 the notch is gone and the front side of the neck pocket meets the neck at the same place as the rear, somewhere closer to the 16th fret. Also, older bodies can fit a 5p coin in the swoop right before the neck pocket, and as the 70s progress it is more like a 10p coin that can fit there.

• Lebarque said:
    Yeah, I am trying to replace the body on my Vintera II.
  • elstoof said:
    Warmoth will do it
    That looks like a good option, but there must be someone in the UK that can do it. Theirs also have the pre-1972 neck pocket notch, but I might have to compromise on that.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Lebarque said:
    Bit nosey, but why are you trying to replace it?
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    None there at the moment, but every so often one turns up on Booboo Guitars

https://www.boobooguitars.co.uk/collections/guitar-bodies/tc-body?page=1
  • Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    Bit nosey, but why are you trying to replace it?
    I just want something in natural wood finish and don't really want to strip the current body since it is perfectly fine as it is. 
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    edited April 3 tFB Trader
    I can certainly make that for you, not a problem, unless you're in a hurry, the work shop closed until well after Easter. 

I am reminding all my customers that I am semi-retired and not taking on new commissions. Although I'm still making guitars, I'm only using up my wood stock before I fully retire. I do have quite a lot of guitars part built, that will eventually be finished off. If you're looking for a particular guitar, do please contact me to see if I have one part built that I could complete to your specifications.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Fender Mexico did them a while back (pre Vintera) - I had one.

Before I bought that, I looked into options on having one made and Guitarbuild said they could do one, but the cost was about the same as buying the complete secondhand Fender guitar. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4146
    I had an original 70s deluxe with factory fitted Strat trem.