PS5 Offer

darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
The PlayStation 5 is now on offer on Amazon...  £410 or £390 for prime members.

Very tempting!  I've got a One X so it feels a bit "consumery" to have both, on the other hand, might get me back into gaming again.

Anyone else running both consoles, or tempted by the offer?
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28407
    I have both - got a PS5 fairly early in the Curry's lottery thing.

I use the Xbox more, but the PS5 has some really good games. Ratchet and Clank, and Horizon are almost worth the price of entry alone. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3499
    I got my wee boy a Quest 2 VR for crimbo, my god they are good, cant go back to screen based consols now. Games are cheap as chips too. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7882
    edited March 23
    I’ve the PS5 and Xbox Series S.  both great. 

If you’re going to stump up for PlayStation plus, then you’ll have a huge library of games available. 
    I don’t have a lot of time available to play,  but really enjoyed

Ghost of Tsushima 
    Days Gone
    The Last of us (1&2)
    God of War
    Horizon games 
    Tiny Tina Wonderlands
    too many great games to list

Xbox subscription also good, but not so many killer games.  Sony had the best IP.  Though, i REALLY enjoyed Atomic Heart. 

Also, consider your TV/Monitor. 

If you want the best out of your console, you want something supporting 4K with 165khz refresh rate on HDMI. 
    A lot support a high refresh rate, but only on Disolay Port, which is good for PC gaming, but bad for console. 

In other news (I’ve been at GDC in San Francisco all week), Sony are migrating all their VR games to PC, and soon the PSVR2 will support PC as well as PS5. 

I doubt that will do much for sales, and expect they’re getting crushed by Quest 2 adoption over PSVR2
  • Ps5 is good, plenty of fun stuff for it. I assume it's being cut in price ahead of a new version with more power.

I find myself enjoying games that don't really require ps5 levels of power anyway, but there are loads available for ps5, and a back catalogue of classics from the ps1 and ps2 era - probably my favourite era of single player gaming.