Keeley Dark Side Pedal - can it do more than Floyd?

What's Hot
cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
edited March 23 in FX
I've had the Dark Side for about 3 years now. It does Gilmour's sound very well and I love using it to play Pink Floyd but have any FBers used it for anything else? It has some amazing sounding effects so I'm guessing it could be very versatile. 

Kinda in a 'keep it or sell it' frame of mind at the moment. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    I’m now imagining a pedal that converts anything you play into the solo from Time, as if by magic! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    It seems, to me, to be a collection of effects that you'd find in the mid 1970s(?) so almost anything of that period. Be a good pedal for some Bob Marley or Funkadelic or maybe the James Gang or something. Even a bit of punk or early new wave. 
    It's, IIRC, drive, fuzz, phase, flange, reverb and tape delay. Maybe add wah and a massive strobe tuner and you'd have the entire smorgasbord of seventies effects. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    edited March 24
    It seems, to me, to be a collection of effects that you'd find in the mid 1970s(?) so almost anything of that period. Be a good pedal for some Bob Marley or Funkadelic or maybe the James Gang or something. Even a bit of punk or early new wave. 
    It's, IIRC, drive, fuzz, phase, flange, reverb and tape delay. Maybe add wah and a massive strobe tuner and you'd have the entire smorgasbord of seventies effects. 
    That’s a great point, maybe I need to dig a bit deeper with this pedal but my head won’t move away from playing Gilmour stuff! lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom