Double NGD

shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
This week I have had a bit of a bumper week of guitar related gear. I’ve acquired both of these https://imgur.com/gallery/h28iTXp

a 1996 Epiphone Sorrento and a 2004 PRS SE Soapbar.

I owned a SE Soapbar back in 2004 and regretted selling it some years later. The MK1 single cut is a great guitar for little outlay. 

The Epiphone Sorrento was a bit of a surprise. I was round at a friends house playing some of his wonderful collection of 335 types and hollows and this kept my attention more than any of the others. It’s rare that I get to play so many wonderful guitars of a similar nature as there were 60’s Gibsons, Custom shop stuff, Gretch, Duesenberg and others yet my two favourites were the Sorrento and a Jap Epiphone Elite 335. Both were wonderful but the Sorrento was my favourite. So naturally my friend was kind enough to let it come live at my house. 

Just for good measure and to wrap off a good guitar week by getting another piece of gear I had in the naughties. I picked up a Laney Lionheart T20. Underrated amps in my opinion. Swap out the greenback and put in a Creamback and it’s wonderful as a grab and go combo.
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 107
    Both lovely. Congrats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Both lovely congratulations. I love those sorrentos
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Thank you. I have always eyed up the Sorrento’s. Next stop will be changing the pickups so if anyone has any dog ear P90 suggestions that would be good.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    DrJazzTap said:
    Both lovely congratulations. I love those sorrentos
    The mini humbuckers are fabulous sounding pickups. What a great score.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    That Sorrento is proper lush 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 906
    Good choices Shaun 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9540
    Good score mate - congrats and enjoy !