The T-Bird is getting a make over..

lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
edited March 23 in Making & Modding
So I acquired this body from this parish a while ago. It feels very comfortable to play but I was never 100% on the pickup combo...

So I ordered some WRHBs from Catswhisker pickups. Normally WRHB pickups are mounted to a pickguard so I set about modding a 72 cystom guard that I had lying around. 

Next up was routing for the neck pup..

Now I just need to decide on WRHB in the bridge too or stick with the ashtray. If WRHB I will need to get the router out again and also make a pickup surround for it. Alternatively,  I could get a Tele Deluxe pickguard and reshape like the custom guard...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    I would stick with the Tele pickup.

I see you've upgraded the bridge saddles too ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    ICBM said:
    I would stick with the Tele pickup.

I see you've upgraded the bridge saddles too ;).
    Yeah if I go full on WRHB there's no going back!

Those saddles are stuck on that bridge so I need to get them moving again  :#

Mock up looks good tho..

• victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    2 x WRHB for me
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    2 x WRHB for me
    Yes I think so. I managed to age the hipshot style bridge so that it is more in-keeping with the brushed nickel pups. Fingers crossed I don't muck up the bridge route :)