SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1974 Fender thinline telecaster £2895

variplexivariplexi Frets: 108
edited April 26 in Guitars £

A nice Fender thinline tele from 1974 on offer. It has its stock wide range humbuckers which sound fantastic. Overall very good condition. This body was refinished at some point in its life to black. There are some superficial lacquer cracks visible on the finish, especially on the back of the body. A small piece of the pickguard around the lower edge has chipped off. There are superficial marks on the body, but no major issues. Some age-related marks on the maple neck as well, but no major dinks and nothing which affects playing. The frets are the original ones and have life in them. The guitar comes with a Fender hard case, but don’t think it’s a 70s one.

The guitar has recently had a professional service and set up worth £200 at Richmond Guitar Workshop. All hardware and electrics were thoroughly cleaned. One saddle and some screws and springs were replaced where the old ones were a mismatch or too worn (all included in the sale).  With the recent set up the guitar plays nicely and sounds as you would expect. The neck feels smooth glossy and is relatively slim. 

I am selling this as I prefer rosewood boards and fuller necks and this is not getting used (though it sounds great!). I may consider a part ex deal for a CS tele (rosewood board / fuller neck) but prefer a straight sale as I need the cash to fund some new hi fi! 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments