Are the amp sims in the Boss IR-2 better than the GT-1000?

What's Hot
Boss say that the GT-1000 (and the `ME-90) have AIRD technology (whatever that may be!).  My question is does the IR-2 have the same?  Or as its newer is it something better?  I know the GT-1000 is a multi fx unit ... just asking about the amp / cab stuff.  ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• inewhaminewham Frets: 150
    I seem to remember reading that GT1000/IR200/IR2 all use a newer, faster processor whereas the older COSM stuff all uses a DSP about half the speed. That suggests to me the IR2 and GT1000 should be the same.

I've got an IR200 but it doesn't mention AIRD or COSM anywhere so that's pure guesswork 

Ian
  • inewhaminewham Frets: 150
    edited March 24
    I think I've answered a different question to the one you asked, sorry!

Ian
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    edited April 22
    I have the GX100 and also had the IR2.  I though the amps were the same personally as I couldn't hear any difference between them. I think the IR's  in the IR2 are different though, although I actually preferred using custom ones as I didn't like the stock one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Boss say that the GT-1000 (and the `ME-90) have AIRD technology (whatever that may be!).  My question is does the IR-2 have the same?  Or as its newer is it something better?  I know the GT-1000 is a multi fx unit ... just asking about the amp / cab stuff.  ta

Without splitting hairs I think it's all the same. 

It's the AIRD current gen modelling rather than the old COSM stuff. 

It's very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom