Fender ToneMaster V2...coming soon?

What's Hot
kramereekrameree Frets: 101
I was speaking to a friend who works for Guitar Center in the USA and he has heard Fender are working on a V2 of the ToneMaster amps...anyone heard anymore on this? I was going to get a deluxe ToneMaster as a grab and go gigging amp but would rather hold off as the prices will drop on the original versions like most tech gear ... Any dealer heard anything?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27089
    I haven't seen anything online but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure what they might add other than different firmware, tbh, which could potentially be flashed onto the existing amps, but who knows. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    edited March 25
    Why give the possibility of flashing sold amps with an upgrade when you can provide a new betterer (sic) product for us consumers to buy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27089
    Why give the possibility of flashing sold amps with an upgrade when you can provide a new betterer (sic) product for us consumers to buy!
    To try and not piss people off? 

TBH I'm very happy with my DR and PR as they are so unless they're going to come out with a version that can sound like a Plexi or an AC30 as well I'm not bothered. As I say - what else could they add other than something like a Tweed/Brownface mode? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015

TBH I'm very happy with my DR and PR as they are so unless they're going to come out with a version that can sound like a Plexi or an AC30 as well I'm not bothered. As I say - what else could they add other than something like a Tweed/Brownface mode? 

I agree with you.

We'll have to wait and see if these new models exist, and if they do, what are the differences. If it's simply a newer version of the existing models then it would suggest that Fender don't care about pissing people off though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12384
    Maybe tonemaster 2 will be all valve vintage style amps that sound like solid state.
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    With the number of limited editions etc from Fender who knows...
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 470
    They did that with the original Mustang amp. The V2 came about 3 years later and added a couple of additional amp models and pedals, but was a completely separate product rather than a firmware update.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    I wonder if they'll add things like an effects loop - ie deviate from the 'only what was on the original' rule they set themselves. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • JodyJamesJodyJames Frets: 36
    Surely there’s more money to be made by doing a V1 line of tweed stuff? 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1497
    What does the Tonemaster DR lack that the floor processor have? That’s likely to be where a V2 will go. I’m not sure there’s much there to warrant an upgrade. 
  • I’ve had my head in the sand and only this week noticed the Tonemaster amps which is mad looking at search and how much they’ve been discussed on here.

I’ve just started playing with a jazz band… the TM Deluxe Reverb could be perfect. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    JodyJames said:
    Surely there’s more money to be made by doing a V1 line of tweed stuff? 
    This is what I want. a TM narrow panel Tweed Deluxe for a grand or less. Surprised it hasn't been done yet.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I’d have thought that more models would come before a V2.  I don’t see the value in updating the existing models.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    edited March 25
    One reason would be to establish yourself as a trustworthy maker of digital products - if people can see you care about upgrading your products they'll be less hesitant to go digital in the first place. Mk 2 buyers will therefore be reassured that what they're buying isn't going to be automatically obsolete when Mk 3 comes along, by seeing that Mk 1 buyers aren't being dicked over.. It's worked very well for Line 6. People are still buying Helix.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    The thing is, what does Tonemaster even mean now? It started out being quite clear - digital recreations of classic valve amps. Then they used it for a full featured floor modeller. If they were going to do more single amp recreations it was an odd move to use the name for the modeller. So maybe the Mk2 is more like the modeller in amp form?
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5760
    Maybe V2 will be for variants and not versions? A line of Tweed models in 1x12, 2x12 and 4x10??

Launching those along side a completely unconnected firmware update for the black panel models would make Fender look like good guys. Releasing an ‘even more historically accurate than the last 400 100% historically accurate models’ would make them look like the dickheads in the other corner. 
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    edited March 25
    dazzajl said:
    Maybe V2 will be for variants and not versions? A line of Tweed models in 1x12, 2x12 and 4x10??

Launching those along side a completely unconnected firmware update for the black panel models would make Fender look like good guys. Releasing an ‘even more historically accurate than the last 400 100% historically accurate models’ would make them look like the dickheads in the other corner. 
    This is what I was thinking. I’m not sure what more they can do to the Blackface line that will warrant it being a whole new version, so perhaps V2 will be a run of the tweed amps that have been mentioned in this thread.

Could it also be that they make Silverface versions of the TMs?

If we’re really lucky, perhaps they’ll do a ToneMaster Blues Junior.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    Why are people pissed off if a new model comes out? Does the model you currently own suddenly stop working? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    No, but if it does suddenly stop working, the implication is that it'll be harder to get it fixed given the discontinued nature of what you have
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    Yeah fair enough but TBH I think that's true of just about any surface mount digital appliance. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.