Ox Stomp

VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 338
A year on from the last discussion, any users out there have their assessments please ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boz_hboz_h Frets: 53
    I really like it now that I have figured it out.  Initially I was disappointed as it sounded thin and fizzy, also the app was a giant pain in the proverbial, would connect once then I would have to uninstall it and reinstall to get it to connect again. UA fixed that reasonably quickly, and now it connects every time.  I mainly use it with a Two Note Captor as a load box into the amp and a line into the OX stomp, then out to my interface.  Personally, I prefer it to IRs and think it sounds more natural.  The Good:  Sounds great once you get use to it (start with a preset and tune to taste is my advice).  The delay, reverb, compressors are excellent. Also you can set the buttons to turn on/off the delay, reverb or compressor and the other to change presets or turn them on /off.  Speed of use, as I tend to get bogged down with option paralysis with IR software like Wall of Sound. Size, prefect for pedal board.  It's stereo and can even act as a DIBox(there is a setting).  Stand alone, so can use it for gigs/band practice if I don't want to take an amp and cab.  Build quality, it built like a tank, It looks like it would stand up to quite a bit of abuse.  
    The Bad:  The app is only available for mobile, really wish they would release a MAC/PC version, making precise adjustments on the phone screen is a pain.  Limited, what's in the box is what you get, no updating cabs/mics (although as I mentioned I prefer that). 
    For me, it ticks all the boxes and as I already owned a load box and never felt happy with the sound I was getting with IRs it was a no-brainer. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 338
    Thanks @boz_h appreciated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom