What software for recording.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4146
    Sounds good, one last thing, using a DAW is one pc Monitor enough, or use two? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    Sounds good, one last thing, using a DAW is one pc Monitor enough, or use two? 

I would suggest start out with one so you get used to working with the DAW rather than fiddling with layouts all the time. In the early stages you want to minimise any excuse to fiddle and tinker because your primary focus is learning the DAW and its shortcuts and establishing how you like to work.

You can add a monitor at any time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers. 
    When you guys use a small mixer and laptop, do you use headphones in mixer or laptop? 
    edited March 31
    I still can’t get things working.
    DAW keeps saying there is an issue with mic setting. Using the ZED10 USB and setting input and output on laptop to USB should be fine. But I’m missing something?
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Not sure I'll be helpful as I'm sure you're more competent than me...but there will be a laptop mic and speakers setting in control panel or whatever its called on your laptop, including USB routing, and there will be a similar setting on you DAW under main settings...
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    When you guys use a small mixer and laptop, do you use headphones in mixer or laptop? 
    Laptop,. Well, either should work but you will want to listen to what your laptop/DAW is hearing/producing
    jackio said:
    Not sure I'll be helpful as I'm sure you're more competent than me...but there will be a laptop mic and speakers setting in control panel or whatever its called on your laptop, including USB routing, and there will be a similar setting on you DAW under main settings...
    I’m not competent at all with this, but thanks for help. I seem to have tried the USB settings on laptop, still trying to sort program side though.
    i have uploaded a file to Reaper/wavepad editor and can play and hear that back through mixer, still cannot record anything though, anyone help?

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    i have uploaded a file to Reaper/wavepad editor and can play and hear that back through mixer, still cannot record anything though, anyone help?

Just a thought, but have you set up your recording routing etc., in the Preferences tab? (CTL+P). There are a number of YT vids covering this topic.    
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 666
    Deffo have a Google, I couldn't get it working at first too but there's loads of info on YouTube and elsewhere. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    I found this got me started & was really useful.

https://youtu.be/JwDcTPn2dvc?feature=shared