Hamer "Slammer" series guitars

What's Hot
bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
I'm in the market for an affordable HH guitar, ideally something LP or Strat shaped, and I've come across something new to me in the local classifieds in London. 

A double cut LP shaped Hamer from the 90s, "Slammer" series... made in Korea as far as I can see. 

Has anyone got any experience with these? It's sub £200, which makes it in the bracket of seriously giving a go... right? 

Fair Used - HAMER SLAMMER SERIES DC EL GUITAR SET NECK BLACKGuitar standGuitar bagMetronome
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    edited March 26
    The early 90s Slammer Series Hamers are very good value for money the earliest ones used US Spec hardware.

£200 is a good price for these, the later MIK 90s models were lower quality and less well regarded. The most recent Hamer XT imports were pretty cheap, and bottom of the pile.

Here's more info from over on the HFC:

https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/81486-hamer-slammer-series-going-rate-thoughts/

https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/60208-whats-the-slammer-series-rep/ ;

The HFC is a great resource for Hamer stuff and is brimming with very knowledgeable enthusiasts and some of the guys who built them.

Best of luck,
    Ben.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I had a Marlin Slammer once. In about 1990.
    It was metallic gunmetal grey with a black plate and hardware. It had an active system that could be charged up through the jack socket.

It looked fantastic.

It played like shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45

The early 90s Slammer Series Hamers are very good value for money the earliest ones used US Spec hardware.

£200 is a good price for these, the later MIK 90s models were lower quality and less well regarded. The most recent Hamer XT imports were pretty cheap, and bottom of the pile.

Here's more info from over on the HFC:

https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/81486-hamer-slammer-series-going-rate-thoughts/

https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/60208-whats-the-slammer-series-rep/ ;

The HFC is a great resource for Hamer stuff and is brimming with very knowledgeable enthusiasts and some of the guys who built them.

Best of luck,
    Ben.

Thanks for the info @Bennyboy-UK i will check out that thread you linked to. 

Somewhat dubious about the quality but for the price I’m not sure what else is really feasible to search for these days 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Early MIK Hamer XT guitars are good for the money. Some left the factory with either Seymour Duncan or EMG HZ pickups. I nabbed one with Duncans at clearance price when Fender reps were letting them go for a gnat's over £200.

As already mentioned, the reintroduced versions were cheap 'n' nasty. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3750
    It was metallic gunmetal grey with a black plate and hardware. It had an active system that could be charged up through the jack socket.

It looked fantastic.

It played like shit.
    My first electric was a Marlin Slammer in red/white. Teen metaller gets Hank Marvin Strat fail. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279

It looked fantastic.

It played like shit.
    My first electric was a Marlin Slammer in red/white. Teen metaller gets Hank Marvin Strat fail. 
    At least mine had a humbucker in it!

My first was a Hohner Arbor MXJ. Lovely neck on those. Sometimes I think about finding on on ebay just for the nostalgia.