Simple Switchers/Loopers

What's Hot
JJJrJJJr Frets: 1
New to switchers/loopers but hoping someone can recommend the most simple/budget friendly option as I really hate tap dancing on my pedal board these days and im not looking to complicate my set up any further with computer dashboards etc.

The only functionality Id really like is the ability to turn one pedal chain off and another on with a single press (flip-flopping??), dont need any digital fx or midi anything and would probably need max 3/4 physical switches. Id also like to be able to build pedal loops that are out of order in my signal chain but this isn't a game changer, thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    Bright Onion? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Just get the Gig Rig Quartermaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 960
    Sporky said:
    Bright Onion? 
    Yes definitely, used before for patch boxes and loopers. Very good and they can make you custom stuff if they haven't got what you want. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 27
    Disaster area . One can pick them up quite cheaply used nowadays. I have one and it’s great. You just cant rearrange the loops though like some other switchers can but one gets what one pays for :)

https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/dpc-5-gen3
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JJJrJJJr Frets: 1
    top suggestions here, gonna look into the Bright Onion, the Quartermaster looks good but doesn't seem to have the functionality of building different loops using the same pedals.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    JJJr said:
    building different loops using the same pedals.
    Ah - I missed that bit. You will need programmable for that - you're a long way from 'simple'. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    If flip flopping is all you need the a quatermaster is the way to go. If you want to build presets of selecting multiple pedals and rearranging effects order then look at the new Fender Switchboard.
    Yeah man these programmable ones look like full on kempers or something, but I thought i'd need something like that to be able to re-arrange the chains, many thanks!
    edited March 26
    For anyone that's interested i've found a pretty decent no-bullshit programmable looper here;
    https://buzzelectronics.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_68&product_id=100

Im just waiting to see if it stores the switch configurations between shutdowns.
    EDIT: It does! What a find.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 790
    JJJr said:
    For anyone that's interested i've found a pretty decent no-bullshit programmable looper here;
    https://buzzelectronics.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_68&product_id=100

Im just waiting to see if it stores the switch configurations between shutdowns.
    +1 on these guys. Programmable and easy to use.  
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    I have one of these for sale. 

Harley Benton fxl8 pro.

Programmable 8 pedal looper.

does midi but I never used that, just used it to switch pedals in and out of the chain.

does 4cm too.

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    JJJr said:

Another +1. I bought one of their programmable 4 looper and amp channel switch from eBay for £40 a 3 or 4 back, total whim but it was on my board for a long while and worked really well. If you just want to change channels on an amp and drop a few pedals in an out they are excellent. Highly recommended and the chap who makes them is a top guy to deal with, I had a query and he was happy to help.