SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn- Fender Stratocaster 1962 AVRI, American reissue in Ocean Turquoise

delabdelab Frets: 12
edited March 30 in Guitars £
Withdrawn- No longer for sale

For sale here is my 2004 Fender Stratocaster 1962 American Vintage Reissue in a rare Ocean Turquoise colour.

As regards the colour it changes from a green to a blue according to the light.  You can see that variation in the photographs.

It comes complete with it's original G&G USA Brown with Gold Interior Hard Shell Case including the following case candy.

• Original and un-opened Mist and Wipe Fender cleaning kit
  • Fender Owners Manual
  • Fender Nitro Care Booklet
  • Fender Owner's Registration Card
  • Additional Tremolo Springs in original Fender envelope
  • Fender original 5 way spare switch
  • Wiring Diagram A4 sheet
  • Fender '62 Ashtray Bridge Cover
  • 2 x Original Case Keys
  • Allen Key for saddles (no truss rod allan key is provided or neccessary with AVRI Fenders as they are neck heel screwdriver   adjustments)
  • Original/ unused AVRI Fender period correct Leather Strap & Guitar Cable
  • Original Period Correct Tremolo Arm
  • Original 5-way switch
In very good condition considering it's twenty years old but there are a few marks as shown in the photos.  Frets are at least 90% good I'd say.

There have been a few modifications to make the guitar more period correct.

• CRL USA Spring Loaded 5 - Way Switch (as used in the '60s) - upgraded from stock slightly cheaper oak grigsby type.
  • CTS 250k custom taper Tone Pots and a custom 280k Volume pot (adhering to the typical ohmage tolerance of the pots back then, most measured 280-290k on a multimeter) - these have been upgraded from the stock, less accurate Fender branded CTS stock pots.
  • RS Guitarworks Vintage Paper in Oil capacitor, these are hand wound on 1950s era machines, uses period correct kraft paper - built to military spec construction - Expensive!
  • Correct decal over lacquer detailing patent pending relating to tremelo design

I'm asking £1700.00 plus courier of your choosing or collection from near Penzance, Cornwall.

Any questions?  Please ask

IMG_5022

IMG_5015IMG_5020IMG_3127IMG_5102IMG_5101IMG_5100IMG_5099IMG_5026IMG_5025IMG_5016IMG_5018IMG_5019IMG_5017
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• delabdelab Frets: 12
    New set of D’Addario 9’s, neck off, truss rod adjusted for correct relief, fretboard cleaned, frets polished, string height adjusted 1.75 mm, bass side, 1.5 mm, treble side all at 17th fret and finally intonated. Plays beautifully with no fret buzz. 

All ready for a new owner… close offers considered. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 298
    The very best colour Fender have ever made! GLWS!! 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1455
    Pretty. Lovely dark rosewood.
  • Eric_CEric_C Frets: 52
    Beautiful looking strat..best of luck with the sale 
    Thank you for the kind comments. It is indeed a beautiful strat… one looking for a new home. 
    The other guitar I was selling sold instead so I'll be keeping this.... for now.  Thanks for all kind comments.