Emprize amps ?

What's Hot
Delaware_123Delaware_123 Frets: 92
Anyone any experience with Emprize amps? Particularly interested in the Helmsley which is there take on the Princeton reverb. Just wondering what the quality is like and the general sound of the amps. 

Thanks in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KurasKuras Frets: 72
    @liftman has two and loves them. I’ve played through his Helmsley and it’s incredible 
  • scovell001scovell001 Frets: 60
    I contacted them through the website & fb & had no response - didn’t bother ordering 
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 298
    I contacted them through the website & fb & had no response - didn’t bother ordering 
    Just for balance he was very responsive to me when I was toying with buying one. My bank actually prevented the payment and I then picked something else up. 
  • Thanks guys, anything further please let me know. 
  • liftmanliftman Frets: 61
    I have a Helmsley and love it as Kuras said above! Mine has the Princeton sized output transformer, mid knob , negative feedback knob ( although I have that set the same as a Princeton)  a mod that gives you a bit more headroom and speaker is WGS G12 C. I'm amazed at the volume and headroom of the amp and the sound is fantastic, warm,  detailed and dynamic. Trem is great, reverb is ok. I also recently received a Pro Reverb type amp in head form which is bloody brilliant too. Haven't gigged with it yet but it  has a classic big clean sound with the rev and trem  - I can hear a similarity to the Helmsley, kind of a more defined and fatter sound than typical blackface/ silverface.I'm surprised to hear someone getting no response from Philip as he's been really good at getting back to me throughout the builds.
  • liftmanliftman Frets: 61
    Thanks guys, anything further please let me know. 
    Just noticed you're in Bristol, me too! You're welcome to come round and try the Helmsley.
  • liftman said:
    I have a Helmsley and love it as Kuras said above! Mine has the Princeton sized output transformer, mid knob , negative feedback knob ( although I have that set the same as a Princeton)  a mod that gives you a bit more headroom and speaker is WGS G12 C. I'm amazed at the volume and headroom of the amp and the sound is fantastic, warm,  detailed and dynamic. Trem is great, reverb is ok. I also recently received a Pro Reverb type amp in head form which is bloody brilliant too. Haven't gigged with it yet but it  has a classic big clean sound with the rev and trem  - I can hear a similarity to the Helmsley, kind of a more defined and fatter sound than typical blackface/ silverface.I'm surprised to hear someone getting no response from Philip as he's been really good at getting back to me throughout the builds.
    That’s great info thanks a lot. 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 853
    Played a few at various shows. Sounded great.
  • Power_FreakPower_Freak Frets: 198
    I have an oxford (harvard clone... almost) - sounds great, really well built, quality components. Not much more to say, if you like the harvard circuit you'll like it. I bought an in stock model - but it seemed like you can pretty much modify the base models to your liking. You get quite a lot of amp for your money from them.

I also found Philip to be responsive and helpful, and talked to him a few times after the amp arrived. For what it's worth I contacted him (mostly) via instagram.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    Build quality is great and Phillip is a really nice guy too. No hesitation recommending him.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 405
    I gigged a Helmsley belonging to a friend of mine and it was great. No pedals, just straight in with a humbucker and it sang. Plenty loud enough for a two guitar band.