SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ibanez Gibraltar Standard II fixed bridge Cosmo Black or saddles

What's Hot
revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
edited March 29 in Parts £
My son has a 2013 Ibanez RGIR20FE guitar and its version 1 Gibraltar Standard fixed bridge is quite corroded.  It's also quite uncomfortable to use.

In 2014 Ibanez switched to version 2 of this bridge.  Version 2 doesn't have the sharp edge that cuts into your hand when you rest your palm on it.  I've found them for sale on eBay and Reverb, sold by individuals in Indonesia - which is coincidentally where the guitar is made.

I believe version 2 has holes in the same place as version 1 so they're interchangeable.

I was wondering if anyone here has one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    edited March 29
    I spent this afternoon attempting to adjust the action on the existing Gibraltar bridge, and found that three of the grubscrews have bonded tight within the bridge saddles.  I've tried applying WD40 in the hope of un-seizing them, but no joy.

If anyone has any spare Gibraltar saddles they wish to sell?

Ibanez Gibraltar bridge
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14444
    My go-to guy for Ibanez parts is Cottam Guitars. 

Second choice, the String Slingers eBay shop.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom