Lost and found

What's Hot

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3495
    6 figures on 10 million? Come on Paul, 7 fugures begining at least with a 1 or a 2 would have been my ball park had I have been Paul.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3971
    robgilmo said:
    6 figures on 10 million? Come on Paul, 7 fugures begining at least with a 1 or a 2 would have been my ball park had I have been Paul.
    He only paid £30 for it though.
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 283
    She was lucky to get anything. Imagine how successful the Beatles could have been if Paul hadn't had his bass nicked.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    Well he didnt have to have it back either, it was valued at 10 mil though, I would have thought he may have been more appreciative of someone handing him a guitar worth 10 million, had it have been worthless might he have actually wanted it back enough to pay 6 figures?
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    Well he didnt have to have it back either, it was valued at 10 mil though, I would have thought he may have been more appreciative of someone handing him a guitar worth 10 million, had it have been worthless might he have actually wanted it back enough to pay 6 figures?
    It is his bass nonetheless that was stolen, he could have paid nothing at all and still legally claim it back.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11802
    I very much doubt the value of his bass even crossed PMcC's mind.  £10m is a drop in the ocean to him.  He'd doubtless  have given her the six-figure sum if the guitar had only been worth a few grand.

He wanted a treasured bit of his past back.
    Dumodal said:
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:
    It is his bass nonetheless that was stolen, he could have paid nothing at all and still legally claim it back.
    Could he? apparently, from what I read, they entered into negotiations and settled on the sum of money, I could be wrong but it didnt seem like he could legally claim it back.
    Offset said:
    I very much doubt the value of his bass even crossed PMcC's mind.  £10m is a drop in the ocean to him.  He'd doubtless  have given her the six-figure sum if the guitar had only been worth a few grand.

He wanted a treasured bit of his past back.
    I am sure he did, however, was Cathy obligated to return it? Weeks of negotiations suggests to me than she was under no obligation to return it, so it was worth a lot more to her financially than it was to him. 10m is a drop in the ocean to him yet to him his treasured guitar was worth a very small fraction of that, it doesnt seem like he held its worth above its financial value , it wasnt worth that much to him.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11802
    I guess it depends if that six-figure sum was a reward for offering up the guitar, or the price required to have it returned.  I must admit I'm not clear now which it was but the Scum headline suggested the former.