Help with info on MIJ Kramer Baretta

What's Hot
RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
Came across this Baretta with TRS-101 Floyd Rose, although that might not be original. Any Kramer experts able to shed some light on what range this is likely to be, year, and are they well thought of? Is it even mij?

I know the Aisan headstocks were all over the place and can’t find any info on classic shape with block logo. Guitar has no serial number or any markings in the photos. Bit of a mystery with my minimal 80s shred knowledge.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    The Takeuchi TRS101 was made in Japan. Apparently, rebadged versions of it appear on Fernandes, Ibanez, Jackson, Washburn and Yamaha instruments.

I cannot pretend to know on which Kramer models the TRS101 may have appeared.

For what it is worth, I have some spare parts.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
    Thanks for the info. I’m wondering if the trem is aftermarket & this isn’t mij. But the lack of markings make it difficult to search for info.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14268
    tFB Trader
    I can recall selling the original MIJ Focus 1000 which was effectively the MIJ copy of the USA Baretta - I sold plenty in the early/mid 80's - Whilst the above is similar it is not an exact model I'm familiar - I was more familiar with this version and/or the one with the 'banana' headstock 

Kramer Focus 1000 Black 1980s image 4
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
    I can recall selling the original MIJ Focus 1000 which was effectively the MIJ copy of the USA Baretta - I sold plenty in the early/mid 80's - Whilst the above is similar it is not an exact model I'm familiar - I was more familiar with this version and/or the one with the 'banana' headstock 

Kramer Focus 1000 Black 1980s image 4
    Yep, all MIJ versions I can find are like that. 

Interestingly just found an other page, and maybe it’s Korean. They seemed to use classic headstocks with the block logo, 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14268
    tFB Trader
    Again I can only recall the MiK as Striker models - with out looking I think they had something like X100 or X1000 prefix