Joyo AC tone

What's Hot
BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 283
I am about to be doing some open mic nights for the first time. I'll be using a Tele. I'll have to go direct to PA but the only pedal I own that is designed for that purpose is the AC tone but I've never used it. Anyone else going direct to PA using this or a very similar pedal? Any tips on getting a decent sound? I'm aiming for edge-of-breakup.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1097
    edited March 30
    Should work fine but that line of Joyo pedals are just preamps and don't have IRs. Dunno if you're precious about that though. Good thing it's got a 3 band EQ. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9754
    They have a basic speaker sim built in that you can't switch off but it'll sound perfectly fine to use one of those
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    thecolourbox said:
    They have a basic speaker sim built in that you can't switch off but it'll sound perfectly fine to use one of those
    Yep! I've used my American Sound for exactly this and it sounds great. Sold an AC Tone to a student who got really great sounds out of his too. It's, erm, heavily influenced by the Tech 21 Liverpool, so grab the manual from this link, and it's got a bunch of suggested settings for starters.

https://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/liverpool-cs/

• BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 283
    thecolourbox said:
    Yep! I've used my American Sound for exactly this and it sounds great. Sold an AC Tone to a student who got really great sounds out of his too. It's, erm, heavily influenced by the Tech 21 Liverpool, so grab the manual from this link, and it's got a bunch of suggested settings for starters.

https://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/liverpool-cs/

Thanks for the link.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Yep, I've used my American Tone and it worked really well, I had a couple of drive pedals in front of it and a delay, reverb and a Cab Sim pedal on the way out, (all "mini's") and it sounded really good. I prefer a clean'ish tone from the Joyo rather than the dirt side and let the drive pedals kick in the drive, a TS clone and booster sounded just fine for me. 

BTW, the cab sim pedal was a Tomsline 'Shaper' which gives you 11 different cab models for around £25 but prices very hugely.       
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
    You'll be sound as a pound with that. Huge variety of tones with those knobs too.