Eggle Oz cream T info sought

What's Hot
mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
edited March 30 in Guitar
Hi, I was looking for inspiration and came across one of the above. I wondered if any eggle experts can advise on this model. Is it an eggle ozT with cream T pickups? 
I can't find much info on this barring that and that it appears to be a collaboration between a retailer and pup manufacturer and eggle. Therefore, might not be as saleable as a stock oz t.

Any more info greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    The owner of Sound Affects also co-owns Cream T and as he is an Eggle dealer I would imagine he just put a custom order in and sent them a set of pickups to install. As they’re built-to-order it’s hard to call any single one configuration “stock” so I’d just consider it yet another flavour available at retail. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 846
    edited March 30
    Eggle makes 2 OZ T Vintage  versions.  one with Mojo pickups (SS) and one with Cream T (HS).  They are both production guitars.  The one with the Cream T pickups are actually more common, and have more reviews than the stock SS.  They Cream T version also finds its way onto the OZ Contoured and carved top versions.   

As for resale - both versions are similar.  the SS version is more traditional look BUT compete with CS teles.  the SH Cream T version is a little more modern and maybe less sort after BU so doesn't compete in that same pond as teh CS teles - so also has less competition. 

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/patrick-james-eggle-oz-cream-t

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    I think a lot of them have 12" radius which may or may or may not be an issue for you
    most - if not all are 12" radius.
  • CasabgCasabg Frets: 14
    Do check out the fret ends, I’ve seen some terrible fingerboard marks on PJEs
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Casabg said:
    I’ve owned 5… every single one has been absolute perfection in every way possible. I struggle to believe this is true, what models are you talking about?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    ThorpyFX said:
    Casabg said:
    I’ve owned 5… every single one has been absolute perfection in every way possible. I struggle to believe this is true, what models are you talking about?
    Likewise, I currently own 3 PJE's and previously an Eggle LA, and and there is nothing about them would lead me to warn people about QC.
    edited April 2
    ThorpyFX said:
    Casabg said:
    me too -have one, tried 7, I think - might be 8.  No fret issues on any of them.  

Wondering is Casabg is confusing James Eggle with PJE ?  Possible.