SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED Something solid for £700

What's Hot
JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 52
edited April 3 in Acoustics £
Looking for something solid wood for max £750..

Not too fussed on shape, just no cutaways or jumbos.. and no real need for pickups

Pretty vague I know, but I’m open to most things! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Check out my Sigma in the classifieds. Solid top, lovely player and sound and only asking £250  :)
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    Eastman do a number of all solid guitars in that price range, well worth a look e.g. E1OM or E2OM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1113
    edited March 31
    In addition to the above, you're not a million miles away from used Furch or Dowina money there.

There's also the many excellent Faith models, although most seen to come with electrics and cutaways.

Then there's the Guild Westerly series, check out the OM-120.

And when they have stock, Peach have the best prices in the UK by far on Yamaha LL/LS guitars.
  • WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
    I know fender haven’t really had the best reputation for their acoustic guitars, but you could save yourself a few pennies with a Fender PS220e all solid parlour / 00 size.

£328 from Absolute music through their Amazon store - only 2 in stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-PS-220E-Acoustic-Electric-3-Colour-Sunburst/dp/B09RWKHYB2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VFYSRIK98CRD&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.FZevfsaia8cA1NdmIPwlA74UqQoGD8gFkHdVwoWNQjnGjHj071QN20LucGBJIEps.IJpwCo_4IKIPTFX3pNUX1weJcErpu_RqY3dL8kO9Zj0&dib_tag=se&keywords=fender+ps220e&qid=1711904787&sprefix=Fender+ps220%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

I have one of these and it has a great feel and great sound. For the price I don’t think you can go wrong if you are prepared to do a bit of setting up.  Bought mine online and you could tell it hadn’t been out of the box or played (still had plastic over the sound hole) action was at 3.25mm the 12th. With a bit of truss rod adjusting, nut filing and slight tweak of the saddle I’ve got the action to 2.25mm. 
  • JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 52
    Funnily enough, that Fender has been in my Amazon basket the past few days, but something is holding me back!

Think I’d prefer something used, leaning towards trying to find a Furch
  • JGib75JGib75 Frets: 5
    I have a Guild GAD40 that I’d sell for £475. It’s all solid woods. Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides. It sounds really great and has just been set up and fret dressed so great playability too. Only thing is, it has a cutaway which is the only aspect that’s not in your ideal specs. If that’s not too much of an issue for you, it could fit the bill nicely. It’s also fitted with a K&K Pure Mini pickup which sounds great for amplified acoustic tone. Comes with original tweed hard case. Let me know if you’re interested. I have pics and also audio and video recordings of me using the guitar. Thanks. Joe.
    JGib75 said:
    I have a Guild GAD40 that I’d sell for £475. It’s all solid woods. Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides. It sounds really great and has just been set up and fret dressed so great playability too. Only thing is, it has a cutaway which is the only aspect that’s not in your ideal specs. If that’s not too much of an issue for you, it could fit the bill nicely. It’s also fitted with a K&K Pure Mini pickup which sounds great for amplified acoustic tone. Comes with original tweed hard case. Let me know if you’re interested. I have pics and also audio and video recordings of me using the guitar. Thanks. Joe.
    Thanks, but not a fan of a cutaway 
  • JGib75JGib75 Frets: 5
    No worries. Thanks.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1113
    edited April 1
    JoeMc said:
    Funnily enough, that Fender has been in my Amazon basket the past few days, but something is holding me back!

Think I’d prefer something used, leaning towards trying to find a Furch
    There's a couple of nice looking Furch G40 C/M on the market comfortably under £700.

Check Richard's and Fair Deal Music.

EDIT. Apparently the G40 is not all solid FWIW
    Thanks for the suggestions! Managed to pick up a used Larrivee OM-02, which is now hopefully on its way to me