EU …interfering again !!!

What's Hot
VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 338
The EU Climate change/Energy conservation Commission has presented a policy to the EU Parliament to introduce legislation to stop the manufacture, importing and selling of thermal electronic tubes/valves.
It’s a follow on policy from that which signalled the end of the traditional light bulb.
Also prohibited will be the manufacture, importing or sale of any products which feature tubes/valves.

JJ TESLA in the Czech Republic say they have instructed their lawyers to initiate an appeal immediately against a policy that would mean the end of their business.

Fender ( Europe ) also expressed concern, particularly with the current shortage of tubes due to the Russian/Ukranian war and the deteriorating relationship with China.

It seems likely that due to the success of the Tonemaster Range worldwide, which are tube free, Fender will stop production of all PCB/Tube featured amplifiers and just make a very limited quantity of handwired amps at their Custom Shop facility.

It seems that us older people are witnessing the end of ICE cars and now our beloved valve amps….

I think I’ll go and switch on my AC30 on and enjoy the smell of hot valves !!!
    15reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
      I wonder what date it is 
      0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 338
      I wonder what date it is 
      10/10 Sherlock…
      2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    • FezFez Frets: 526
      Looks like we might be converting our valve combos into speaker cabinets.
      Don't touch that dial.
      0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 756
      Yeah fuck the environment and anyone who comes after us
      1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    • EmielEmiel Frets: 214
      @Voxsupertwin , please share the source :-)
    • FezFez Frets: 526
      Given the scale of valve manufacture against solid state devices I would doubt that the environmental impact of valves is significant. 
      Don't touch that dial.
    • TanninTannin Frets: 5467
      Card-carrying environmentalist here. The EU proposal is utterly stupid. The total contribution of thermionic valves to global energy use and warming is so ridiculously small as to be for all practical purposes unmeasurable. 

Someone needs his stupid head kicked in.
      0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
      Fez said:
      Given the scale of valve manufacture against solid state devices I would doubt that the environmental impact of valves is significant. 
      Very true. It's more the general sentiment that bothers me. The notion that ICE cars or inefficient light bulbs are being 'taken away' from people is problematic.

But I bet it's only problematic for the next 15-20 years. Then it'll be markedly less problematic. 
    • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
      edited April 1
      Emiel said:
      @Voxsupertwin , please share the source :-)

Here's a link to the article
      5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    • euaneuan Frets: 1498
      Aren’t valves still actually used in certain medical and scientific equipment?
      Tannin said:
      Card-carrying environmentalist here. The EU proposal is utterly stupid. The total contribution of thermionic valves to global energy use and warming is so ridiculously small as to be for all practical purposes unmeasurable. 

Someone needs his stupid head kicked in.
      Is there an element here that they're being forced to 'tinker around the edges' since big oil and the car manufacturers have essentially guaranteed the ICE will go on existing for a long time, and the challenge to that is effectively over?
      0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 670
      edited April 1
    • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1467
      edited April 1
      Top work, this, genuinely one of the best I've seen! Outstanding  :3
      The source is 1/4/24
    • S56035S56035 Frets: 1128
      Do the people who have actually started to discuss it as a real thing feel a little bit silly?
      3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
      The EU Climate change/Energy conservation Commission has presented a policy to the EU Parliament to introduce legislation to stop the manufacture, importing and selling of thermal electronic tubes/valves.
      It’s a follow on policy from that which signalled the end of the traditional light bulb.
      Also prohibited will be the manufacture, importing or sale of any products which feature tubes/valves.

JJ TESLA in the Czech Republic say they have instructed their lawyers to initiate an appeal immediately against a policy that would mean the end of their business.

Fender ( Europe ) also expressed concern, particularly with the current shortage of tubes due to the Russian/Ukranian war and the deteriorating relationship with China.

It seems likely that due to the success of the Tonemaster Range worldwide, which are tube free, Fender will stop production of all PCB/Tube featured amplifiers and just make a very limited quantity of handwired amps at their Custom Shop facility.

It seems that us older people are witnessing the end of ICE cars and now our beloved valve amps….

I think I’ll go and switch on my AC30 on and enjoy the smell of hot valves !!!
        Seems legit - I've also heard that all guitar speakers will have to be replaced by metric versions by 2025. So stock up on those 12 inch speakers while you can folks!
        5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
        S56035 said:
        Do the people who have actually started to discuss it as a real thing feel a little bit silly?
        If so, so what, we all need a laugh these days, there isn’t much left to laugh about unfortunately …
        0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
      • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24372
        I enjoyed it! 
        S56035 said:
        Lol yes. Too busy with toddlers to know what day it is 
        Worryingly though my jape could one day be real the way things are going !