NGD: Masterbuilt Jason Smith Broadcaster

What's Hot
ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 427
edited April 1 in Guitar
I was on the fence about trading gear that I had initially intended on selling. Terrified of potential sellers remorse. Feeling guilty about getting more gear. You know the feeling.

But the second I played this guitar, literally the first note, I knew it was a keeper. I've never felt a more resonant guitar in my life. It's well balanced across both pickups (HW blackguard), the bridge is warm and full and neck has a bell-like quality. Has a compound 7.25 - 9.5 radius and has a 1950 blackguard shape which is super comfortable (I was not expecting to get on with it, but it's perfect). Much more comfortable than the typical U-neck. 

This was made as part of a limited run of 70, to commemorate 70 years since it's release. It came with a copy of the original instruction leaflet and the "cease and desist" telegram sent by Gretsch due to a copyright infringement on the name Broadcaster. The previous owner had these framed, and gave them to me as such, which I thought was a really cool gesture. 

It's early days still, very much honeymoon period, but this feels like the perfect addition to my collection. Could not be happier, absolutely over the moon. Unexpected bonus - my better half said it's her favourite sounding guitar I own

0reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments