Resurrected thread: Boots-recommendations-please

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
Link below to OP from August 2023

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/252352/boots-recommendations-please

I bought a pair of Timberland Splitrock boots in December 2013 and I still have them. Whilst I only really wear them from late Summer through to late Spring, they have been incredibly comfy, resilient and worth every penny. Yesterday, I took the notion to see if they are still available and how much they are.

To my delight I've found that there is a newer version of the boot and that it's half price ... so I've ordered a pair :+1: 

https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en/tbl-uk/splitrock-hiker-for-men-in-grey-a621h033

I can't recommend these boots highly enough  ... look cool, lightweight, comfy as feq and discounted by 50% makes them an absolute snip and a no-brainer for purchase.

Can't recommend highly enough.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    These are rubbish.
    https://ibb.co/9NFYWxR
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 274
    Ordered. Thanks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    edited April 2
    I had a pair of Timberland Chocorua that pretty much went right around the planet with me - every trip for a good 8 years or so and at least 12 countries over 4 continents. They were super comfy and never let in a drop of water. 

After they finally wore out I tried a couple of other things that weren’t quite comfortable but just got a new pair of Timberlands that are very similar and it’s like renting with an old friend. 

They get sniffed at by “real outdoorsy people” but I love em
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    I got a pair of Columbia Fairbanks over winter as my feet were both freezing and soaked whilst out all day on the coffee van. Think I paid about £85 and it was the best £85 I’ve ever spent. Super comfortable, always bone dry, and most importantly for me who always has cold feet, super warm even without thick socks. They’ve done 4 months so far and still look really good, but time will tell. So far so good.

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/mens-fairbanks-omni-heat-boots-1746011.html?dwvar_1746011_color=288
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    Timberland boots just arrived. They're exactly what I ordered but they are not as well put together as my original pair. A tad underwhelmed I am.

Don't get me wrong, they are still pretty good boots and comfy enough ... almost no breaking-in required ... but the leather isn't as 'sumptuous' and the inner liner isn't as thick as my 10+ year old pair. Also the top bootlace eye is now fully closed so donning the boots isn't as easy.

Sometimes so called 'improvements' are quite the opposite :anguished: 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18815
    stufisher said:
    Timberland boots just arrived. They're exactly what I ordered but they are not as well put together as my original pair. A tad underwhelmed I am.

Don't get me wrong, they are still pretty good boots and comfy enough ... almost no breaking-in required ... but the leather isn't as 'sumptuous' and the inner liner isn't as thick as my 10+ year old pair. Also the top bootlace eye is now fully closed so donning the boots isn't as easy.

Sometimes so called 'improvements' are quite the opposite :anguished: 

Sadly, all such 'improvements' tend to be to the company profits, not the loyal consumer.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    My recent experience of Timberland boots is that they are fine for comfort, but durability is quite poor and "waterproof" means "moderately water resistant."