Sorted. Purchase made. Which travel amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7882
    dazzajl said:
    TheMarlin said:
    What about other sized Spark amps, do the bigger ones sound better?
    The Spark options are the Spark Go, next up is the Spark Mini and then the Spark. 

The Spark sounds bigger than the Mini, if anything it can be a bit too boomy but is tameable. No battery and about the size of the little Mustang you had. If you’re happy with mains power and that size it’s a good amp. I might give the nod to the Fender though. Definitely less cool points but I liked it a bit more 
    Right now, it’s a toss up between a Spark mini/go and Nux Mighty lite MK 2 - also looking at Nux Space, but probably too big to whack in a suitcase. 

The Boss Dual Cube LX is a no go, Bluetooth, charger, access to certain subsystems all need additional plugins/bolt-ons, which makes it crazy expensive, plus app is terrible. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    TheMarlin said:
    Does the Spark support streamed streamed backing tracks so you can pay along? 

Anyone used the Nux Air or Space?
    Yes you can play anything from phone or tablet through it and play along .
    Its a handy as just a blutooth  music player also.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited April 4

RichAC said:
    I’ve got a Spark Go (the tiny one) and to my ears it sounds superb. 

I also have a pair Waza Airs, which are headphones but wire-free. They also sound great, but the companion app, which is essential to do anything useful, is awful.
    Must be something wrong with yours ? because my Waza Craft headphones and controlling iPads & iPhones  apps work brilliantly and have done since day one.
    Same goes for the new Boss Katana Go headphone amp & Apps .
    I dont use windows or any android computers or phones so can’t comment on those.
    My 19 year old son uses everything and gets it to work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7882
    I bought the Nux Mighty Lite BT MK2 in the end. 
    All my favourite settling from the Mighty Plug Pro can easily be moved across, so it becomes and extension of something I’m already more than happy with.  Will do for me, and for snuggly in my suitcase. 

Thanks for all your opinions. Much appreciated. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom